Chapter 9

Ben noticed the look on Miranda's face just as she was about to handle his member.  The look of lust on her face brought back a flood of unresolved bad memories. The memories of giving his heart and soul to a woman then ultimately being hurt. 

He truly had deep feelings for Miranda, and he wanted her, but the way she was looking at him reminded him of the last woman he loved and how bad she made him feel about sex in a relationship.

*Flashback*

Hey, Ben said to Talia.  She was coming into his apartment, and he was sitting on his sofa reading patient files getting ready for his surgeries for the next day.   She and Ben had been together for about eight months now.  He met her on a blind date, and he thought she was beautiful, intelligent, and funny. 

At first, things were going well.  He brought his "A" game, and he thought he won her over.   Their first-time making love was a wonderful experience for both of them but especially for her.   She seemed to overly enjoy herself.   Ben knew he was an exceptional lover who knew how to take care of a woman's needs in more ways than one and Talia could not get enough of him.    

After experiencing each other intimately, Ben wanted to share his heart with her.  He told her his deepest secrets and desires and he wanted the same from her, but they never seem to connect past sex.   As much as he tried, their relationship was not growing, and it sadden him.   He thought it would get better, but it did not. 

He enjoyed sex with her, but he wanted more in their relationship.  He tried to get her to talk to him about more than what she wanted sexually. He wanted to learn what made her tick what her dreams and aspirations were in life, but all she wanted was sex.  Today he was not in the mood for it.   He knew he had a long day the next day and needed to get ready for multiple surgeries.

Talia came over to Ben, sat down next to him and started kissing his face and lips.  

"Um.... baby not now.   I have to get through all these files tonight.  I have so many surgeries tomorrow."

"Awe... come on. I want to fuck now"

"No baby I can't "

Talia got a little aggressive and started rubbing Ben's dick.  Although it felt good, he really did not want to get anything started.  He took his hand and move hers away from his package.  

"I said I can't right now.  I really need to get through these files.   How about when I am done, I 'll give you a massage and we can talk later."

"Damn, Ben I don't want a massage and I definitely do not want to talk.... I want this."

She grabbed his dick again.

"Fuck, Talia I said no I have work to do.   I have a job that requires me to learn everything I need to know about the patient, so I do not kill them trying to put them under or wake them up.   Please just let me get this done.  I let it go yesterday but I can't tonight." 

"You would whether work than beat this pussy up" she started taking off her blouse" 

Ben got up off the sofa moving her away from her.

"What the fuck is wrong with you Ben sometimes you act like a little bitch" 

That was the last straw.  He was not going to be disrespected in his own house.  With a loud voice Ben said.  

"I HAVE WORK TO DO....FUCK I AM NOT A PIECE OF MEAT AT YOUR BECK AND CALL, ANYTIME YOU WANT TO FUCK."

Talia got angry and started putting her shirt back on 

"You aint shit.  but you know what I know someone who I do not have to beg to fuck me."  

She said getting up.  Ben had a suspicion she was cheating on him.   He did not know how he knew he just knew that she was not the same and at this point he did not care.   He did everything for this woman and she did not appreciate the man he was, and he was tired of it. 

"Well, you can just go to him.  and he can have you.  While you're fucking him, remember you will never have better than me.   I treated you like a queen in more ways than one.  I gave you all of me and you did not appreciate it.   I am a man who loved you and you just spit on my love.  Now I know what kind of woman you are and you never deserved what I tried to build with you.  So get  the fuck hell out of my house" 

"All you were to me was a good lay, you couldn't handle me. You are too soft to handle all of this. 

"Sweetheart.......You weren't woman enough to handle me. Now get the fuck out of my house." 

With that Talia left.  Ben was upset because this was not the first time, he had been through this, and  he is tired of being used.  From that day on he vowed to not let it happen again.

*Present time*

Just as Miranda was about to wrap her lips around his manhood. Ben stepped back and removed her hands from around his dick. He placed his hands on her shoulders and said,

"Wait.....No......Uh.... I don't want this..."

"What?"   She said caught completely off guard

"We shouldn't do this. I can't have sex with you Miranda. I told you how I felt about this, and we agreed. You said It was something you could live without. I do not want our relationship to change."

"Nothing will change Ben you said we could if I gave you warning, you gave me multiple orgasm already what kind of man does that and then stops."

"I thought you understood Miranda. I thought you understood me."

"What I am understanding is that you just play with my emotions."  Miranda said with tears in her eyes

Ben pulled up his shorts and continued. 

"Why do you women believe sex is the answer to everything.  I thought we had a deeper connection than this.  But you're showing me you're just like the rest of them."

Miranda was shocked and hurt by his words. because he believe she was the kind of woman that would hurt him.   Her tears now streaming down her face.  Didn't he understand that she cared for him. She was conflicted because she actually felt she was in love with him love.  What she felt for him was different than the feelings she thought she still had for Tucker.

Now, the feelings she felt when Tucker left her for her sister started rushing to the forefront   She felt that she unwanted. She was married and this man did not want her.  She  pushed Ben away from her got off the bed and rushed to grab her robe running into the bathroom and locking the door.

Miranda fell to the floor weeping.  Ben went to door and called her name.  He knew his words hurt her and that was not his intention.  He just did not want their special relation to change.   He thought to himself he went to far he should not have given in to her request and they would not be in this mess.

"Miranda, please I'm sorry"

No answer

"Please talk to me we can get through this"

Still no answer.  Her weeping getting louder was tugging at his heart.

Ben slid on to the floor and put his head against the door.  He continued to beg her to let him in with no reply. He eventually fell asleep right there on the floor.   

Hearing light snoring coming from the other side of the bathroom door.  Miranda got up off the floor looked in the mirror and wiped her eyes and opened the door to the bathroom.  She saw Ben on the floor.  She covered him with a blanket from her bed and quietly gathered some things for an overnight bag.  She walked out of the bedroom, stealing one last look at Ben, where he laid.