Chapter 10

Miranda was driving around crying.  That man literally rejected her, and she couldn't believe it happened again.

First Tucker dumped her for her sister and now Ben was outright rejecting her physically. She hated  to say it but her mother was right and because she was desperate to be married and went agaisnt her wishes she can't even go talk to her.

It was really late, and Miranda had been driving around for hours. She had to go somewhere anywhere but home.

She decided to go to Callie's. It was around three o'clock in the morning, but she knew Callie would let here in.  So there she stood with swollen red eyes knocking on her best friend's door.

"Who is it"

"Callie it's me open up."

"Miranda what in the world"

Callie said while opening the door. Miranda walked in with her bag, not saying a word. She just walked  straight to the kitchen. She opened her liquor cabinet and pulled out a bottle of bourbon. Callie watched her friend pull out a large glass and pour the liquor in.

"Oh... okay we're doing this"

Callie grabbed a glass and poured some for herself.  She waited on Miranda to speak. Miranda finished half of the glass before she said,

"Why do men not want me.

"Oh honey that's not true. Maybe you just haven't found the right one yet."

Miranda took a deep breath and said,

"You know I was starting to think Ben could probably be that one man who saw me for me. Until he did what he did."

"What did he do? Hey weren't you two supposed to have sex tonight. What happened?"

All of Callie's questions hit Miranda like a ton of bricks.

With tears in her eyes Miranda said,

"The night started out great. That man gave me five of the best orgasms I have ever had, and he didn't even use his dick."

"Then just when I was about to reciprocate by giving him an orgasm or two of his own,  he stopped me. Callie he took my hands off of his dick and stopped me saying he did not want to do it."

"Oh shit. What the fuck.  Awe Miranda I'm sorry.   Did the jackass say why?"

"Does it really matter?"

Miranda said with another big gulp of her drink. Callie could see the hurt in Miranda's eyes. She felt sorry for her friend and she wanted to find Ben and knock the shit out of him.

Miranda finished telling her what happened and what Ben said and  after getting totally trashed Callie made up the guest room for Miranda crash in.

Ben woke up and noticed that Miranda was nowhere to be found. He called her phone and there was no answer. He called again leaving a message.

He went and sat on the bed noticing their wedding picture. She is really beautiful he said to himself. He put his hand to his head and thought about the time that they have spent together.

He had to admit that she was not like any other woman he has been with. She really did get him. They had a wonderful relationship. Why did he have to compare her to all the other women in his life.  Why did he have to hurt her.

She was the one that helped him get into the surgical program in UCLA. She shared her life with him.  They had fun together.  He loved being around her.

Oh God he thought, he was going to be leaving in a few weeks. What was he going to do. He didn't want to leave like this. He needed to talk to Miranda.

He called again over and over again leaving messages saying,