drained

keys clanked against one an other as he searched for his house key. he sighed in frustration, after what felt like an eternity, he thrust the correct key into the slot and twisted, unlocking the door.

tanjiro opened the door and stepped into the warm house. "im home." he called weakly, toeing off his sneakers and tossing his soccer bag in the general direction of its usual place, not caring enough to fix it.

his mothers soft yet recognizable foot steps approached him, "bad day?" the young man just smiled weakly, she already knew the answer. "is ino here?" "yes he is, he should be in your room," she looked him up and down, " and shower before you lay down."

"i was planning on it." he responded, walking down the hall to gather his clothes. the redhead opened up his room door, to see his boyfriend laying on his bed playing on his phone. "im going to get a shower, ill be back." tanjiro said, gathering his clothes. inosuke hummed, putting his earbuds around his neck, "be quick."

tanjiro hummed in response, walking to the bathroom to bathe. sighing, he turned on the water to hot and stripped himself of his clothing.
im so worn out. he stepped under the warm stream, washing off the day's residue.

after a long hot shower, he stepped out, drying himself and putting on his loose pants and an old baggy shirt. he ran a brush through his damp hair, brushing out any knots. tanjiro walked back to his room, flopping onto his boyfriend.

inosuke wrapped his strong hands around tanjiros small frame, making him lay on his chest.  the redhead adjusted himself, curling impossibly closer to his boyfriend. inosuke gently pressed tanjiros head into his bare chest, and wrapped his strong arms around his lover.

tanjiro blinked, then blinked again, tears welling in his eyes. his throat tightened as tears fell onto inosukes bare chest. hashibira noticed the wetness forming on his chest, and stared at the other.

"what happened?" he asked, pulling the other into his chest. "t-today w-was t-t-terrible" tanjiro stumbled over his words, his thin frame shook
with his sharp sobs. inosuke blinked, rubbing circles into the others back like he had done so many times before. "shh, it's ok. i'm here."

tanjiros sobs broke off into soft hics as he calmed down. "here," inosuke placed a glass of water to the others lips, "have some of my water." the redhead took a couple sips of the water before laying his head back down on his boyfriends chest.

"better?" tanjiro nodded, closing his eyes. he listened to the rhythmic beat of the others heart, thumping under his chest. "go to sleep, baby." it was rare for inosuke to use pet names, but tanjiro loved when he did. hashibira pulled a soft blanket over them, "i love you."

warmth overcame tanjiro as he fell into a light sleep.

BONUS

kie gently knocked on her sons door. "come in," inosuke responded to the knock. "is he asleep yet?" she asked sitting on the foot of the bed. "yeah, i didn't expect him to start crying."

"he cried?" she whispered, adjusting the blanket covering the two boys. "yeah," he stroked still damp red hair, "he said he had a bad day, he got to worked up to finish his sentence." inosuke sighed, looking at his boyfriend lovingly.

"thank you inosuke, you've made tanjiro so happy." kie looked gratefully at the two. inosuke flushed, turning his head away from her gaze. "shut up." he muttered.

kie giggled, "go to sleep now, tomorrow morning we are going to plant the garden. then you have a game right?" inosuke thought for a second, "yeah, then i have work after the game." kie sighed, " you work too much for someone your age."

tanjiro squirmed in his sleep before settling again. "goodnight kie." inosuke avoided the topic of work. "goodnight inosuke." she said, standing up and leaving the room.

inosuke sighed , looking at his boyfriend lovingly.
what would i do without you?