Home sweet home!

Kelly's POV: Dr. Rhodes is currently in my room with my results from my head CT. “So doc. What do the results say?” I asked. “Well, they are clean.” He answered. “But there are some rules we need to go over before you're discharged.” He adds. “Yeah?” I said, “You have to take it easy at home. No work for at least 2 weeks. You took a pretty hard hit to your noggin.” Dr. Rhodes explained to me. “Deal. As long as I can go home to my nieces, then I'll do whatever it takes or you say.” I agreed with his conditions. He looks over towards Stella's direction, “We both know how stubborn he can be. You make sure he rests, yes?” he reminds Stella. “You got it, doc!” Stella smiles, then glares in my direction. “Thanks Stella” Dr. Rhodes said, “A nurse will be in shortly with your discharge papers for you to sign,” He said and left the room. “You excited to go back home and see our girlies? And to sleep in your bed again? I bet you missed that.” Stella asked me, excitedly. “Uh hell yes! You kidding? I'm freaking pumped!” I answered, matching her excitement. “It just won't be the same. James and Hannah should still be here.. They should still be here and taking their girls home...” I said. “We got there too late! I would have been able to save them! They should be going home! If the neighbors would have called sooner, maybe they would still be here!” I yelled, feeling guilty. “Hey, look at me, Kelly Severide! Do not beat yourself up over this! Okay, nobody could have prevented this. You hear me? Nobody could have prevented this.” Stella sat down next to me in the bed. “Don't beat yourself up” She repeated herself.

Nobody's POV: A little after 12 pm, Kelly heard a light knock on the door.
“Come in” he says, nurse Ivy enters the room with the discharge papers.
“Hey, there's my favorite nurse!” Kelly smiles, “There's my favorite patient and firefighter!” She said, “How are you feeling?” She asked. “Uh pretty good, actually. Ready to get out of here and back to my nieces and my own bed.” Kelly answered. “Yeah these beds aren't too comfortable.” Nurse Ivy replies and hands Kelly the papers. He signs them and hands them back. “Do you need anything before you leave?” She asked Kelly. “No ma'am, I just want to go home.” he lightly chuckled. “All right, well you give those beautiful nieces of yours a hug from me. And do me a favor” Nurse Ivy said, “As much as I loved seeing your handsome face these past few days, try and not come back for a while, yeah?” She smiles. “No promises” Kelly chuckled, “Given our line of work, I can't guarantee that. But I'll surely do my best to not end up back in here.” Kelly smiled back at her. “Well have a good rest of your day, both of you! And remember what Dr. Rhodes told you!” Nurse Ivy replies and leaves the room.

Kelly's POV: Stella gathered my belongings for me, I tried to help but she demanded me I sit and rest instead. I watched her gather my clothing I had collected over the last few days of being here and the clothing she brought from home for me and stuff them into a duffle bag.
‘I'm so ready to go home’ I thought to myself, “You ready babe?” Stella asked me, “Never been readier” I answered.
I carefully stood up and wrapped my arm around Stella for a little support.
She grabbed the duffle bag and we headed out. “Bye Nurse Ivy!” I said, smiling as we passed by the nurse's station. “See ya and take care Kelly!” She waved goodbye. We headed to the elevators and down to the lobby and out to the parking lot. We got in the Jeep and drove home. We decided to surprise Matt and the girls. Stella unlocked the door and the second that we entered the apartment. I was bombarded by two very excited and eager little girls, yelling, “Uncle Kelly! Uncle Kelly!” and running towards me to hug me. “Hey girls! I missed you so much!” I carefully bent down to their level and hugged them, never wanting to let go of them. “I missed you more!” Charlotte started crying tears of joy.
“Scar missed you too!” Scarlett said to me. “Ah girls, you don't even know how badly I needed this hug!” I kissed both of their heads and stood up from the floor.