[Rewrite In Progress] Chapter 14 - Casting Judgement

(My bad for the late upload. forgot it was Sunday.)

(Vincent Helstea POV)

It was a pity that both Arthur and Amber couldn't find a weapon. But no matter, they could always get one from storage below. I was snapped out of my thoughts when a large hand grabbed my shoulder. I looked over to see the King standing there with a smile on his face.

Giving him a little bow, I spoke, "Your majesty, I hope you're finding it worthwhile to visit this humble auction house of ours."

"Nonsense!" He replied with a laugh. "This place is anything but humble. I don't know how you managed to get your hands on an A-class beast core from a Silvercoat Bear, but you've managed to build quite the network. Let's just hope that the beast will is still intact."

"Don't get your hopes up too much, Dear. You know how rare it is," I could hear the Queen mutter quietly in response.

The Queen turned back to resume her conversation with Alice and my wife. They seemed to be discussing something about the kids. His Majesty and I turned our attention back to the main stage when, all of a sudden, a terrifyingly oppressive presence filled the room, constricting my body.

I tried my hardest to move, to try and find the source of this domineering bloodlust, but my body refused to obey. I looked over to see that the King himself was quaking in fear and was sweating profoundly.

What the hell was going on? This was the most secure area in the entire building with the King's guard inside, as well as my own, securing the outside of the room. My breathing turned shallow as the overbearing pressure continued gripping at my insides. I could feel beads of cold sweat slowly rolling down my face as if they, too, were afraid.

With much effort, my body relented a little and I was able to turn my gaze slightly to see if they knew what was going on. While they were at least able to move their bodies, it was clear that they were just as confused as I was. I had no idea what to expect next. I had assumed that I would live for quite a bit longer, yet here I was, at death's door, trying to struggle out of his icy grasp.

What in Hell's name was happening?

(Amber Helstea POV)

I let out a sigh as Arthur's killing intent let loose on the entire building. It was as strong as I remembered it in our previous life. I walked over to him and held his hand, which seemed to snap him out of him momentary rage. Sebastian was sitting on the floor in front of us; a look of fear plastered on his revolting face. I gave him a repulsed look before dragging Arthur away.

"You should really learn to have some control over your intent. The whole auction house if terrified now." I hissed, scolding him for his rash actions.

He scratched the back of his head and said, "Hehe, I only meant to give the bastard a little scare. Besides, I didn't think my bloodlust would be that intense in this body."

"Oh, you scared him alright. He looked like he was about to depart on a date with death. And I'm pretty sure the floor beneath him is wet." I looked around and saw that everyone else was alright. They were behind the royal guards and the mothers were covering their children with their bodies.

Eleanor was crying, but she was more startled than scared. Luckily, they were too far away to feel the full extent of the bloodlust. We went over to them and was soon pulled by our parents into the huddle. The King's augmenter guards had their weapons unsheathed and positioned to defend around the royal family by the time Arthur had withdrawn the pressure he had exerted onto the room.