Chapter 1 🧡

Chapter 1
Anike’s POV

“Anike! Anike!”

Oh my God!

I opened my eyes a little, stretched my hands for my phone which was right beside me because I slept off around three while reading a novel on Wattpad.

It feels like my head is literally banging and I could finally see the reason when I saw the time was just five thirty.

Why is grandma waking me up by five thirty for crying out loud?

“Anike open the door.”
I sighed,
“Coming grandma.”
I muttered quietly and rolled out of the king-sized bed.

I got to Ibadan yesterday and just like mum promised, grandma was waiting for me. We met immediately. I stepped down from the bus and she pulled me into a hug.

Mum got her genes from grandma, meaning grandma also looks really young for her age. maybe it is also because of her wealth, she eats well and trust me this house already makes me have second thoughts.

I can see why grandma always complains whenever she is at our little comfy bungalow which obviously cannot compare to the mansion that she lives in.

 One she used to share with late grandpa.
She and dad have never been on good terms, so he does not allow me to come here for vacation. 

To be honest, I cannot even remember the last time I have been here or maybe I have not even been here at all because everything seems so foreign.

 I was even more shocked when I saw the bedroom that she had prepared for me, the king-sized bed, flat screen TV, a small bookshelf, a reading area, a vanity table, a closet and an in -built bathroom. 

I immediately got comfortable in it after eating. I turned on the air conditioner, snuggled in the most comfortable and soft blankets ever, then started reading this interesting novel I had found the previous day.

I yawned as I opened the door.
“I have been knocking since.”

I knelt down
“Good morning ma.”
I greeted and this made all the complaints disappear.

“My dear Anike. My baby, how was your night? Hope you slept well?”

 I nodded with a smile and waited for her to say something else.

I do not know if you have noticed but I am more of an introvert and holding conversations is not really my thing. I was shocked yesterday when I spoke up to my mum like that and now my high has really gone low. Especially now that I only slept for two hours.

“I should have left you to sleep more but I thought we could have a morning devotion then you can go back to sleep. You still hold morning devotions at home, right?”

“No, we stopped months before mum and dad announced their divorce.”

Grandma looked absolutely shocked.
More than shocked to be honest and I almost laughed out except the matter was not even laughable.

 It is just so sad that our family just crumbled. But looking at the good side, I found myself in one of the coolest rooms ever. 

“That is bad.”
She sighed and forced herself into my room.
She sat on my bed and patted the space beside her,

I grudgingly took my seat and waited for her to say something.

“Are you okay?”

No one has asked me that question ever since everything. Well, I do not have friends and my mum’s friends do not care.