Chapter 8 🧡

Chapter Eight
Anike’s POV

“Good morning Jesus... Good morning Lord. I know you come from heaven above. The Holy Spirit gives us control. Good morning Jesus, Good morning Lord.”
Mercy sang beautifully while we all dressed up. 

I woke up feeling even more tired about this whole school thing but her voice and the song made me decide to just leave everything to God.

Today is Friday. Spending close to a week here has made me grow even more quiet. 

The confrontations I received on Monday made me decide to just go back into my shell.

I now keep to myself during classes and when teachers even ask questions, I do not bother to answer. 

I have always been like that since forever. I have been a ghost in my former classes and I have survived all the dramas. 

I do not know what got into me to think I should act otherwise here, anyways, that thing, the confidence or whatever, it is gone. And now, I am even more of a ghost than ever.

Mercy, Mariam and Jada found it weird at first that I did not mutter a single word throughout the class, not to their conversations or the teachers but with time they decided to let me be.

I only talk to them during lunch or in the room and I am loving it like this.

Rumours about Jayden and Sophia breaking up has also been around. 

Mariam and Mercy even talked about it when Jada went to the restroom. I sometimes wonder if it was because of me, because Jayden looked so angry too but I know it is not because of me.

 She seems to have a lot of experience in telling girls to stop staring because she did it so well.
And ever since she came to me like that because I stared at him just a little, I have been avoiding him. 

I know I was wrong that day. 

I was not actually staring at him; I was watching the both of them argue until he  turned to me or more like caught me watching their couple argument, and I just could not look away for some unknown reason. I was so shocked with the way she came to me after seeing us.

Her glare was enough to send me six feet under If glare could kill. The beautiful girl I saw that morning turned to a warrior ready to cut my head off. 

I guess she is just an overprotective type and even though Jada tried to apologise, I just felt so embarrassed, I still do. I have never been tackled like that because of a boy?

Chai.

Anyway, that is in the past and I have learnt my lesson.

And I do not want to start my day with such thoughts any longer.

I heard every Friday happens to be a mini test day here and the scores are actually recorded. I revised a little more last night before sleeping but with the way the others looked at their bed so longingly and from the hushed conversation, I heard last night I can only conclude that they did not sleep.

Jada even woke me up to read and was surprised when I told her I was done reading. Looking at them now makes me wonder why I did not just read more. Maybe the tests are really hard, or something.

“Oh, Anike, you are in the red house, just like me. “
Mariam said with a pride filled grin and a smile covered my face.

I glanced at everyone else and noticed the different colours. The sports wear here is really comfortable. Long joggers and an inner polo, with a matching jacket. Shorts were also provided, but I went with the joggers.