Chapter Thirteen 🧡

Chapter Thirteen

Jada’s POV

 “What are you looking for?”
I sighed and looked up from my scattered books on my bed. 

How could I forget it?

I groaned as silent as I could even though what I wanted to do was pull my hair. The vultures in that class should better not steal my study guide.

I turned to Mercy with a frown,

“I forgot something very important under my desk.”

“Well, you can still go get it if you are sure that is where you kept it.”
Mariam said and I nodded.

“Do you want me to go with you?”

Go with me and find out about it?

Do not get me wrong, Mercy and Mariam have proven to be one of the nicest roommates and friends one can get in this school.

But at a school like this or more like at a class like ours, no one is  to be trusted.
Aliya made that fact even more true for me and trust is not a word in my dictionary anymore. 

“Thanks, but do not worry about it.”
I walked out of the room and to the class.

It was a long walk but it is worth it.

Jayden and I prepared it over the holiday. For me. He did it to help me and I still got a nine? 

How did I fail that simple question for crying out loud?

And how did Anike get a ten?

She must be really smart. Smart than how I viewed her.

I got to the class and as expected it was empty except from one person that was still there.

“Jeff?”

I called as I walked closer to where he was seated with his head on the table,
I tapped his back lightly when he did not react to my voice.

He looked up then,
“What are you still doing here?”

I asked when he just looked confused to see me here.

he was not sleeping though. Whenever he sleeps his face gets puffy and right now it does not look puffy at all.

“I can ask the same.”

I quickly ran to my table.

His words reminded me of what I actually came here to do.

“I forgot something.”
I said and quickly placed the notebook in my bag.

“so, what are you doing here?”
I asked looking up from my bag. He was already standing close to me with his bag already backed. 

“Just thinking about stuff.”
He said with a smile.

Jeff is this type of person.

He goes through a whole lot and just covers it with a smile.

He is the type of person that is breaking but still does his best to make another person smile at the same time. 

I remember all that he did for me during the break. He and Jayden did their best to pull me out of depression but that also made me see what he was facing.

An abusive parent who at any chance will compare him to his best friend.

Other classes see this class as the privileged. The perfect honours class. but I see it as a curse. I see it as the worst curse.