Chapter 18 🧡

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

JAYDEN'S POV

"Where are you going?"

I heard a familiar voice asked making me stop and look back.  I watched Jeff and Tobi catch up with me and immediately Tobi linked his hand on my neck. He was shorter and so he was literally dragging me.

"Guy, remove your hand Jo."
I said sounding annoyed but Tobi being Tobi that just sounded more like nothing and he did not even act like he heard me.

I stared down at Jeff wondering why he had that silly smile on his face after what happened this morning at the cafeteria.

"Stop frowning jo. Where are you going? Meeting up with Joy?"
Tobi asked with a smirk and I could not help but laugh.

Most people in this school are crazy, they just don't know it yet. I have been hearing these strange stuffs about me and the new girl because we hugged.

Come on, it was just a hug.

A hug that happened when we realised that we were actually child hood friends and play mates who got separated because she moved away.

Yes, Joy is beautiful, she is also a national basketball player and that is mind blowing but does that mean I am suddenly in love with her?

Not sure.

"I am going to the basket ball court for training with Anike."

Tobi rolled his eyes while Jeff silently watched us under his lens.

"I thought you were meeting up with Joy. That girl is perfect."

I laughed not having much to say. I am still shocked at the love this girl has received and I kind of wonder how Anike feels knowing she only received hatred ever since she stepped foot into that class.

"You guys are not studying today?"
I asked Jeff,

He brushed the back of his head,
"Jada is with Joy. Helping her settle in or something at her hostel."

I nodded.

"So where are you guys following me to abeg? And I am not dating the girl.
She is just a childhood friend and soon to be club mates."

I explained at least to get them off my back.

I did not want them to follow me to the basketball court. I have something I want to tell Anike. She has been ignoring me since morning and I guess it is because of the shitty act I made this morning. How could I have just plainly ignore the person I was walking with?

I don't know why but it has been on my mind ever since. I hope she is not angry or something.  I was trying to recall Joy's face at first and then the basket ball came up and i was just engrossed that I did not notice her leave.

Saying it even makes me feel more like  jerk.

"Guy that is how love starts and aside from my baby Mercy she is the hottest in that class. There is no need denying it with us, your gees."

"Leave him, he is claiming good boy. Jayden the most dangerous bad boy and player of class 2."

Jeff added,

I glanced at the both of them with a smirk, well they were right, and we all knew it and maybe that was why we all bursted out laughing.

I have missed time like this. Times where we joked around.

"Jeff you like Jada right? I could see you were lying this morning."

Jeff stopped laughing, Tobi got quiet too and just turned to Jeff in shock.