𝘃𝗶𝗶 | 𝗮𝗻 𝘂𝗻𝗽𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿

The following Wednesday, the Weasleys, Gwen and Harry were gathered around the fireplace, dressed for Diagon Alley

The following Wednesday, the Weasleys, Gwen and Harry were gathered around the fireplace, dressed for Diagon Alley. Mrs Weasley had woken them all up early that day, and, after a fry up for breakfast, they were ready to go.

'We're low, dear,' Mrs Weasley told her husband, peering into a flower pot which Gwen guessed contained the Floo Powder. 'We'll have to get some more while we're out today.' She turned to Harry. 'After you, dear!'

Harry's face morphed suddenly. 'What... what am I supposed to do?'

'He's never travelled by Floo before,' Ron said, suddenly. 'Sorry, Harry, I forgot.'

'Never?' Mrs Weasley said. 'But how did you get to Diagon Alley last year to get your things?'

'I went on the Underground—'

Mr Weasley's face lit up. 'Did you really? Were there escapators?'

Gwen didn't know what that meant.

'Not now, Arthur,' Mrs Weasley said. 'The Floo is a lot quicker dear, but, goodness, if you've never used it before--'

'I'll go first,' Gwen offered, stepping forward. 'Watch me, Harry.' Her hair was still crimson and she was wearing a grey jacket which she felt went well with the colour. She'd grown very comfortable with her new look.

She reached into the flower pot, taking a pinch of the powder. 'You want to speak clearly,' she told Harry. 'Don't get out too early, or too late. Just wait and let it do its thing. You should be fine if you speak clearly.

'Should?' Harry echoed.

'I wouldn't worry, dear,' Mrs Weasley said. 'Watch Gwen, and you'll see how easy it is.'

Gwen stepped into the grate, turning to face the Weasleys and Harry. She paused, called, 'Diagon Alley!' and dropped the powder.

As always, the emerald flames licked up her feet, growing higher and higher until the Burrow's kitchen disappeared from view. Hundreds of grates whirled in front of her, until she stepped out into the fireplace at the Leaky Cauldron. Seconds later, Fred stepped out, then George, the Mr Weasley. They waited together, a moment too long, then Ron stepped out.

'Where's Harry?'

Ron's question startled them all.

'What?' said Gwen.

Ron's eyes widened. 'He went after dad.'

Percy appeared in the fireplace.

'He's not come through here,' George said.

Gwen and Ron shared a nervous look. Ginny appeared next, then Mrs Weasley brought up the last of them.

'Where's Harry?'

The Weasleys and Gwen looked around anxiously. Harry had not come through the grate, but the rest of them had.

'What did he say in the grate?' Mr Weasley was saying.