𝘅𝘅𝗶𝘅 | 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵 𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘁

Felix Everill had no clue as to why he and his brother were being summoned from the Slytherin common room

Felix Everill had no clue as to why he and his brother were being summoned from the Slytherin common room. Silently, he and Edward followed Professor Snape to Professor McGonagall's office, a place neither of them had ever been before, and, upon entering, they were equally as surprised to see Lucille standing there, eyes wide and scared, Professor Sprout by her side.

Immediately, Felix's heart dropped.

Professor McGonagall, Gwen's head of house, sat behind her desk, her expression grave. Her eyes were red as though she'd been crying, and she was slightly shaky as she stood to address them.

Lucille, however, interrupted.

'Sorry, Professor, but shouldn't we wait for Gwen?'

Felix knew instantly what this was about. Lucille's question was naive, but he was hoping that his other sister would be pulled into the office at any second, delayed by some unforeseen circumstances. Beside him, Edward had tensed.

'That is what I would like to speak with you about, Miss Everill,' McGonagall said. Her voice was steady but her eyes betrayed her true emotion. 'There is no gentle way in which I can give you this news, and I regret to do so so bluntly.' She paused. 'Your sister has been taken into the Chamber of Secrets.'

It was as though Felix had been hit full speed by a train. Beside him, Lucille was sobbing. Edward on his other side had flinched.

'We have sent an owl to your parents,' McGonagall went on. 'We have asked them to come to the school as quickly as possible. The school will be closed in the morning--'

'How do you know?'

Felix's interjection surprised himself. McGonagall looked at him; he expected her to comment on his rudeness, but instead, she looked apologetic.

'There was a message left right below the first one.'

Edward's voice was strained as he spoke next. 'What did it say?'

McGonagall hesitated. She glanced at Snape, who, despite his known dislike for Gwen, wore an expression of regret. He nodded.

'It said,' McGonagall went on, slightly reluctantly. '"Her skeleton will lie in the chamber forever."'

Felix thought for a second that he'd been knocked over. Lucille howled, her face buried in her hands. Edward sniffed, wiping at his eyes.

'You're not gonna leave her there, are you?' Felix said, his voice louder than he intended. His eyes were burning. 'You can't leave her there. You have to do something to save her--'

'Mr Everill, no one knows where the entrance to the Chamber is,' Snape said in a surprisingly gentle voice. 'Unless the culprit stepped forward with the information--'

'You need to find it!' Felix was shouting now, desperately looking between the three teachers. 'You can't leave her there! That's our sister, one of your students and you're leaving her to die!'