𝘅𝘅𝗶𝗶 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗶𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝘀𝗹𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗻

Gwen directed Harry and Ron down the marble staircases and past the Great Hall

Gwen directed Harry and Ron down the marble staircases and past the Great Hall. She knew exactly where they were headed, but the looming idea that she didn't know how to get in made her more and more anxious by the second.

'This way,' she murmured, turning down a corridor. Harry and Ron's footsteps were heavier than usual which put Gwen on edge of being caught. She reminded herself that nobody would know it was truly them.

They were almost there when they saw someone emerging from a classroom.

'Oh, there we go, we can follow them into the common room,' Ron said.

But it wasn't a Slytherin. As they hurried nearer, their hearts sank. It was Percy.

'What are you doing down here?' Ron said in surprise.

Percy looked affronted. 'That,' he said stiffly. 'Is none of your business. Crabbe, isn't it?'

'Wh-- oh, yeah.'

'Well, get off to your dormitories,' Percy said sternly. 'It's not safe to be wandering dark corridors at this time.'

'You are,' said Ron.

'I am a prefect. Nothing's about to attack me.'

A voice suddenly echoed behind Gwen, Harry and Ron. Draco Malfoy was strolling toward them, and for the first time in her life, Gwen was pleased to see him.

'There you are,' he drawled. 'Have you two been pigging out in the Great Hall all this time? I've been looking for you. I want to show you something really funny.' He glanced behind Harry and Ron, noticing Gwen disguised as Daphne.

'Greengrass? What are you doing here?'

Gwen looked at him. 'Came back,' she said in a voice slightly higher pitched than her natural one.

Malfoy looked at her, but accepted her response. He then glanced at Percy.

'And what're you doing down here, Weasley?' he sneered.

Percy swelled in a way that reminded Gwen of Mrs Weasley. 'You want to show a bit more respect to a school prefect. Mind your attitude, Malfoy.'

Malfoy sneered at him and motioned for Harry and Ron to follow him. Gwen went along too, walking next to Harry.

'That Peter Weasley--'

'Percy,' Ron corrected him automatically.

'Whatever,' went on Malfoy. 'I've noticed him sneaking around a lot lately. And I bet I know what he's up to. He thinks he's going to catch Slytherin's heir single-handed.' He gave a short laugh. Gwen, Harry and Ron shared an excited look.

Malfoy stopped by a stretch of bare, damp stone wall. Gwen nudged Harry, signalling they were there.

'What's the password again?' Malfoy said to Gwen.