𝗶𝘅 | 𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘀𝗲𝗾𝘂𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲𝘀

Gwen spun round, her face heating up and her hair immediately changing to a dark shade of purple

Gwen spun round, her face heating up and her hair immediately changing to a dark shade of purple. She felt sick.

  There, his black robes rippling in the cool breeze, almost a complete silhouette against the night behind him, Severus Snape stood, eyes cold and shining with malice. He was smiling in a way that told Gwen, Harry and Ron that they were in very, very deep trouble.

  'Follow me,' he said.

  Not even daring to look at one another, the three of them followed Snape into the entrance hall; a warm, delicious aroma wafted from the Great Hall, the candles and food enticing them in, but Snape continued past the doors, leading them down a narrow corridor which descended to the dungeons.

  Snape said nothing as he swung open the door to his office, his face a mixture of pure anger and delight at catching them. It was cold in his office, and the three of them stood shivering. Gwen wished she had her jumper with her.

  'So,' he said dangerously, 'the train isn't good enough for the famous Harry Potter and his
faithful sidekicks Weasley and Everill. Wanted to arrive with a bang, did we?'

  'No, sir, it was the barrier at King's Cross, it —'

  'Silence!" said Snape coldly. 'What have you done with the car?'

  Ron gulped. This wasn't the first time Snape had given Gwen the impression of being able to read minds. But a moment later, she understood, as Snape unrolled today's issue of the Evening Prophet.

  'You were seen,' he hissed, showing them the headline: FLYING FORD ANGLIA MYSTIFIES MUGGLES. He began to read aloud: 'Two Muggles in London, convinced they saw an old car flying over the Post Office tower... at noon in Norfolk, Mrs. Hetty Bayliss, while hanging out her washing... Mr. Angus Fleet, of Peebles, reported to police... No less than seven Muggles in all. I believe your father works in the Misuse of Muggle Artefacts Office?' he said, looking up at Ron and smiling still more nastily. 'Dear, dear... his own son...'

  Gwen felt ready to throw up. It was as if Snape's words had physically whacked her in the gut. She'd known - she'd known - that Mr Weasley would've been in trouble, and yet still, she--

  Snape interrupted her line of thought. 'You've also done considerable damage to the Whomping Willow that has been on these grounds since before you were born.'

  'I think the tree did more damage to us--'

  'Silence.' Snape's hiss was venomous. 'The decision to expel you does not lie in my hands. If it were, I'd have all three of you on the train home. Tonight.'

  Gwen's hair was changing colours at a rapid rate. She tried her best to control it, fearing she'd only make Snape even more furious. She didn't feel hungry anymore. She didn't feel tired, or thirsty or in need of a shower. Instead, she felt the worst fear she'd ever felt in her life. She couldn't go home, she couldn't be expelled. The shame it would bring to her family...