Chapter 3

"Her name is not Ally

"Her name is not Ally."

"Well then what is it?" my dad said looking at the baby.

"Dad come on you know her name. It's Atlas. Can we please not do this today?" I said trying to shut down whatever what was about to happen before it even started.

"I just wanted to shorten it up it's so.. unique." he said looking at the baby and then at me.

Aliyah was just sitting there rocking the baby. She already didn't want this to happen but it had to be done. It's a shame our families have never met. I could tell she was nervous because her knee was jumping.

"It's going to go just fine." I whispered to her rubbing her leg wanting her to stop.

"I'm so bored! Where is Auntie Kayla !" Reign said flopping on the sofa. My mother looked at him and then looked at me.

"Well I'm here Reign, what do you want to do ?"

I could tell she was trying to be her version of a "cool" grandparent and I liked her effort. I loved to see her with the kids. It's actually been a couple times when she has babysat both of them. Reign loves her, but I think that she just gives him anything he wants.

"Jump on the trampoline." he said looking over to Aliyah.

"Well then let's jump." My mom said getting up and putting her hand out to him.

"But my mommy says I can't or I will get dirty."

"Aliyah I promise I won't let him get dirty." my mom said taking off her nude stilettos.

My mom was looking at Aliyah but she wasn't looking at any of us she was zoned out. She was looking at the trees and bushes just rubbing Atlas' back.

"Aliyah."

"Yes?" she said looking at me.

"My mom wants to jump with Reign on the trampoline. Is that cool?" I said. She didn't say anything she just nodded her head. She went back to her gaze and then after a while she got up and went into the house.

"Your mom looks happy." my dad said lighting a cigar while watching Reign and my mom on the built in trampoline.

"Yea she does."

He smoked a little more and then looked at me. I ignored his stare and continued to just scroll through my phone.

"Your boy. He actually does look just like you." he said choking up on his word a little.

"Yup. I can't wait till wait till Atlas starts looking like me." I laughed a bit. Just thinking about how even when I'm not around people just assumes Reign looks like me. Aliyah gets so annoyed.

"Son, don't you think at 3 months she would start inheriting some of your features?" he said looking at me putting his cigar down.

"Don't do this."

"Do what? I'm just saying. Think Elias Think. Ally looks nothing like-"

"Yet."

"Don't be stupid think logically. Aliyah had sex with that boy. That baby looks nothing like you." he said sliding to edge of seat explaining his thoughts.

I just got up and walked over towards my mom and Reign surprisingly she was still jumping. My dad just wanted to rain on my parade and I was not going to let that happen. Aliyah would never sleep with him let alone not tell me if Atlas was mine or not. I have been with her for the past year and she hasn't stepped out on me. She couldn't have we are always together or she is with the kids.

I shook my head lightly to stop thinking of all this negativity and just watched them jump. My mom was keeping up surprisingly. I mean she isn't elderly and in pretty good shape so I don't see why she wouldn't be.

"Daddy join us!" Reign said slowing down to look at me.

" I can't right now because your family is here and I have to go greet them and you should come with me." I said turning around.

His eyes lightened up and ran off the trampoline to the front of the house. My mom got off and started walking with me toward the house.

"Thank you son. I was starting to get tired. I'm going to freshen up in your bathroom ." she said grabbing her purse walking upstairs.

Of course she meant MY personal bathroom.

"Monte!!!" I heard Reign yell from outside.

I walked outside faster to see him jumping on a fairly tall boy that was dressed in street wear. He looked young and I guess he was related to Aliyah.

"Hey Reign. Man you have gotten so big. How are you ?" he said putting Reign on his back.

"I've been good. Just growing. Soon I'm going to be as tall as you and daddy."

"Yea whatever." the boy said. I didn't want to just watch like a weirdo so I greeted Sasha.

"Hey Sasha, how have you been?" I asked her giving her a hug and taking the dish she brought.

I told her not to bring anything and not to worry about it but she did anyways.

"I've been good now that I'm grandma of two. Maybe there will be more where those two came from." she laughed looking at Reign and Atlas.

Aliyah was walking beside the person they called Monte. She doesn't have a brother and he was way too young to be with Sasha so I was confused. I said hey to Kayla and she of course was her extra self. The last person I had to talk to was Monte and I still couldn't remember if we had ever met.

"Reign could you go outside and tell your grandparents that we are about to eat on the inside." I said and Monte put him down.

"Thank you man." he said laughing.

"No problem. I understand exactly what you were just going through. I'm Elias by the way." I said extending my hand out.

"I'm Monte. My cousin has told me a lot about you." he said while dapping me up.

"Good things I hope." I laughed.

"Of course."

Reign running back in made us all look up from our conversations. He came to tell us that my parents were sitting in the dining room already. After hearing that we all went to join them.

Aliyah had put Atlas down so she wouldn't have to hold her while we ate so she just had the baby monitor in her hand. She was behind but caught up and mumbled a single sentence to me.

"Welp here we go."