Chapter 16

"Where is my phone?"

I just looked at Elias looking for his phone. He had been getting on my nerves for a while now. He is always here. Never at work. Never at home. Always here... in my face.

"I can't find my phone." He said walking around faster going to pick up the pillows looking for his phone.

I just laid my head back down rubbing Atlas' back. She had been getting better since she was sick and I was happy about that but I couldn't even give her the attention I wanted to.

"Hello?"

I heard Elias talking on the phone. I guess he found it. Thank god because he was going to keep asking about it like I didn't answer him the first ten times.

"You did?" he yelled coming from the back struggling to put his jacket on.

He hung the phone and looked at me.

"They got him."

My mind was processing what he said but my body wouldn't move. They found my baby. My world.

"Th-They did?" I asked getting up feeling my breath become shorter.

I slipped on my slides and went to Atlas' room to put her on some clothes. It was the end of November so it was getting cold.

"Let's go!" I said to Elias as I grabbed the
baby's car seat heading to his car.

"Where did they find him?" I asked him and his hands were shaking. I stopped talking and let him drive.

When we got to the hospital we parked at the front and Elias gave the valet a tip for parking the car. I just hopped out of the car and Elias grabbed Atlas.

"I'm here for Reign Richardson." I said out of breath talking to the nurse at the desk.

"Oh my...He's on uhm."

"Uhm?" I asked her rushing so she could hurry up.

"The Seventh Floor. Room 723."

I nodded and looked at Elias who was heading to the elevator. We sat in silence and it seemed like it took forever to get there.

When the bell dinged we rushed out of the elevator and looked for the room. It was so easy to find it because the room had cops all in front of it.

"My son is in there." I said and they looked at me weird.

"Elias Powers." he said to the officer showing his ID and they let us instantly.

When we walked he was plugged to everything you could imagine as soon as I saw him I bursted into tears.

"My baby."

"Aliyah you can't touch that

"Aliyah you can't touch that."

She glared at me and just tightened her coat around her. She walked around the bed and just looked at him.

Reign hadn't opened his eyes since we got here. Shit we haven't even talked to a doctor yet. I was getting pissed off. I had yet to talk to the detective face to face to find out what exactly happened to him.

His face had scratches on him. His skin was a light bubble gum pink shade. He didn't look like himself. He was already little but now he looked very small. It had been a week and I am sure whoever did this to him was not concerned about feeding him.

"Hello?" We heard making us look toward the door. It was the doctor finally.

This time it was a man. He looked at me and then looked at Aliyah. She had on a rumper with her fur slides and a jacket. She had her hair all out in her natural fro. She looked good even though that wasn't the most important thing at this moment.

"How are you doing?" He asked her smiling.

"The best that I can." she said giving a small smile and shaking his hand. He did the thing when he put his other hand on top of hers while shaking it. I just looked at the two stunned. It's like I wasn't even there.

"How are you today?" he asked me putting his hand out. I shook his hand and answered his question.

"So little man here is a beast. I'm not sure where they had him exactly but I know when he got to us he was past a heat stroke so he is in a coma. My experience with these Heat Stroke Comas they don't last long." he said shaking his head lightly.

"So is it going to effect him when he wakes up?" I asked.

"He it could. We don't know how it effected his mental state. After the heat stroke and everything it's all a mental game. So just be ready to put little man in some counseling."

I just soaked up everything he had said  and just thought. My son didn't do anything to anyone. Probably the sweetest kid you would ever meet and he was done like this.

"Thank you." I said to the doctor that was looking at Aliyah.

"Your welcome." he said looking at me and then going back to speaking to Aliyah.

I just looked at the two and wondered if she didn't care or she didn't realize that this motherfucker was flirting with her. I didn't say anything though. I just walked to the bed and looked at Reign.

"Well I have to go but I will definitely be back to check up on my favorite little patient." he said smiling waking out of the door.

Aliyah flopped on to the chair and just crossed her legs and closed her eyes. We hadn't really been in this room talking just looking at Reign and taking in his presence.

"He's gonna make it through this."

***********************************

"Do either of you know a Cameron Rhodes ?"

I looked at Aliyah and then she looked at me.

"Yes we do." I answered his question.

"We have reasoning that he helped with the kidnapping of your son."