Chapter 1

Omniscient

"Happy Birthday to you."

Everybody sang as Reign looked at his birthday cake. He looked at his mom and dad happy to see them smile and see the rest of the family.

"Baby blow out your candles." Aliyah said smiling at Reign rubbing his back.

He nodded and blew his candle out.

"I wish for it to be like this forever!" he yelled. Everyone laughed and Reign just shrugged his shoulders.

"Buddy you aren't supposed to say what you wished for." Elias laughing turned to look at Aliyah but she had already walked away. His face dropped when he saw her walking to Kayden who was all alone.

He turned back around and paid attention to his son that had ran to Lauryn. Lauryn bent down and gave him a hug.

"Oh my god Reign you are getting so big!" she said acting as if she couldn't put her arms around him fully.

Reign shrugged nonchalantly "Well I am seven now so I am getting pretty big." he said.

Elias bursted out into laughter and Reign got agitated. "He is getting bigger Eli." Lauryn said hitting Elias' shoulder. He tried to stop laughing and looked at Reign. He just then had realized how much taller Reign had gotten and how he was starting to look more and more like him.

"He makes me feel old for some reason." Elias said sighing. He turned back around and Kayla was now with Aliyah and Kayden making Elias think it would be less awkward if he walked over there.

"She is so little and precious." Elias heard Kayden say as he was walking up. "Thank you!" Kayla said looking at the sleeping baby.

"Girl you didn't have anything to do with that now give me my baby." Aliyah said about to take the baby away but Elias took her instead.

Elias looked at his daughter and then at Aliyah. He couldn't pin point who the baby looked like yet because she was just going on three months but he was pretty sure she was going to look like him just like Reign.

"I could have gotten her." Aliyah said fixing the baby's clothes. Elias just shook his head and lifted the baby closer to him.

It was awkward silence for a while until Kayden finally spoke. "Man this party was done nicely." he looked around for his son that was jumping in the one of the many play houses.

"Yea that is how us Powers do it. Plus my mom is a party planner and decorator so I knew it was going to be good." Elias nodded his head looking around.

After that it was even more awkward so he decided to use his daughter to get out of the situation.

"Well Im going to go take Atlas up stairs but I'll be back down." he said walking away.

Everybody just nodded and looked at him walk away. That only left three and soon after Kayla left to go talk to some guys that had kids who were there for Reign. Leaving only Kayden and Aliyah again.

"He's getting so big." Aliyah said looking at Reign. Kayden just nodded and she looked at him.

"So is Atlas." he said looking at Aliyah.

"Not this again Kayden." Aliyah sighed. She knew what he was trying to say and she didn't want to hear it anymore. Kayden thought Atlas was his daughter.

"Come on Aliyah it is a little chance that she is mine. You remember that night and the other times Aliyah." he said explaining to her. She rolled her eyes and just walked away.

"Just drop it." she said as she got farther away.

Kayden knew why she didn't want to get more into that situation but he didn't care. He wanted to know for sure if the baby was his or if she wasn't.

Him and Aliyah had gotten together a couple of more times after the trip. He felt as if Aliyah knew he wanted to be with her but she just didn't care. She had been avoiding him until she invited him and Tye to the party. That was only his second time seeing Atlas. She didn't really look like either of them to him but she was a new born.

"Daddy, my tummy hurts." Tye ran up to his dad. His eyes were puffy and looked as he had been crying or was really sleepy.

Kayden just nodded his head and picked up his son. He started to walk near the exit and then they were stopped.

"Y'all leaving?" Elias asked coming down the stairs.

"Uh yea, he's not feeling too well but thanks bro for inviting us. He had a good time." Kayden said dapping Elias up.

"Yea no problem."

Kayden started to walk away and so did Elias but Kayden wanted to say one more thing. 

"Hey and congrats on the new kid. She's very special." He said turning around and then walking out of the house.

Elias stopped and then laughed.

"Okay that was weird." he said to himself.

"What was weird?" Aliyah said walking up to Elias.

"Kayden out of nowhere just said Atlas was special." he laughed.

Aliyah felt that she was getting annoyed but just ignored that feeling so she wouldn't hint at anything that Elias would get at.

"No not weird she is special." she shrugged laughing.

2 Hours Later
"Thank you for coming." Aliyah said hugging people as they exited the house.

Once the last person left Elias had came down the stairs and saw Aliyah on the couch sitting down with her head laid back.

He sat beside her and just looked at her.

"What?" she asked not even looking at him.

"How did you know I was looking at you?" Elias asked.

"I felt it." she laughed.

Elias didn't say anything and just continued to look at her. She finally sat up and turned to look at him.

"What is bothering you?" she asked him.

"It's been 7 months since you have been living with me. You still show no interest in me it's like we are just roommates. Roommates that have 2 kids together and well that had sex like crazy when you were pregnant." he said.

"Elias you know how I feel about us being together. I don't won't to complicate things anymore. Remember that melt down Reign had when he thought we were supposed to always be together? I can't do that again."

"That's because out no where you just dropped me. You dropped us. You dropped our family." he said

"I didn't drop anything. I just-"

"You just what ? You pushed me away. Maybe Atlas is a sign. We need to be together." Elias said trying to keep his voice down for the kids sake.

"Elias maybe us living together is not the best. Thank you for making sure I was okay when pregnant and the first couple months with Atlas but this, me living here is not a good idea. I have to move out and back into my house." Aliyah said getting up.

Aliyah was half way toward the stairs when she heard only one thing come out of his mouth.

"I sold it."

____________________________

Hey guyssssss!! I am going to try to be more interactive with you guys. I do see your comments and I love the feedback!

Please tell me your favorite and least favorite characters. Also just some good of the  moments you've like so far!