Chapter 4

Omniscient

"It's so nice to finally put a face with a name."

"Yea it's so nice to meet you." Sasha said hugging Elias' mom. Malcom just shook her hand and sat down. He was being nicer than usual but still very distant from everybody.

All of the food was already on the table when they sat down and some was being brought out by the chefs.

"Elias this is a very beautiful house." Sasha said looking around sitting down beside Monte that was beside Aliyah.

"Thank you my mom did all of the furniture and designing." Elias said taking a sip from his cup.

Soon the two mothers were just talking about their children and of course their grandchildren.

"Yes Atlas is getting bigger by the day she is just starting to smile and laugh at me." Elizabeth said.

The conversation continued and everyone was talking amongst themselves. Elias talking to Monte. Aliyah talking to Kayla. The only person just watching was Malcom.

"So Aliyah, where is your dad?" Malcom asked with a slight smile on his face.

"Well uhm-"

"Her dad doesn't live in Georgia." Sasha interrupted her daughter.

"Oh okay just thought I should ask since the moms are getting alone so well." he shrugged starting to eat his food.

It was awkward after that but the conversations continued. Everyone knew Aliyah's dad left when she was a preteen. He was into the dangerous part of life killing, robbing and stealing. He didn't want a family to stop him so he left and he never looked back.

Their conversations stopped when they heard the baby start crying.

"I will go get her." Elias said getting up from his seat.

Malcom scoffed and just ate his food. Sasha looked at him but just looked away rolling her eye. 

"What's his problem?" Sasha whispered to Aliyah discreetly.

Aliyah just shrugged and ate her food. She looked at the staircase to see Elias holding Atlas.

"You make her a bottle?" she asked him.

"Not yet."

"I will." Aliyah said about to get up but Elias shook his head.

"Don't, I got it." he said walking away going to the kitchen.

She shrugged and continued to eat.

"It's so nice seeing my baby mature. He is such a good father." Elizabeth said looking at Reign.

"Yea he's the best!" Reign said with grease  on his face. He hadn't talked that whole time. He was too busy eating his food.

"Yea he is." Aliyah said looking up and smiling at Reign.

"Well personally I think he can be pretty clueless." Malcom said shaking his head

Everyone looked at him. "What is clueless?" Reign asked wiping his face. Aliyah looked at him and just put her finger on her mouth signaling for him to be quiet. He understood her and just drank his drink

"Why is that?" Kayla asked turning toward that side of the table.

Aliyah mentally face palmed.

"Well he just likes to add responsibilities to his plate. I don't know why." he said shrugging his shoulders.

Elizabeth shook her head and felt the anger rush through her body. She hated that her husband just made everything that Elias did his business. Also he couldn't just quietly hate it he just had to ruin this nice moment with this nice family.