16.

an empty and awkward silence lingered between the two in the car, you could probably hear a pin drop. sunoo kept glancing at sunghoon from the side of his eye but whenever he would, he would quickly look away since the ceo had such a cold look on his face he'd probably turn into ice if he looked for any longer.

"who was... who was that guy you were with?" sunghoon finally broke the silence by asking that, only to hear a staggered laugh come out of the other.

sunoo could tell the other was "jealous." but he'd never say it out loud, he didn't want the other to think he was jumping to conclusions.

"he was just a friend, god you got so worked up over that?"

"who said i got worked up?"

"that stone cold face isn't helping your side of the story sir."

sunghoon didn't have the energy to fight back and just focused his eyes on the road, slumping down in his seat slightly.

he knew he didn't have the right to feel jealous since he hasn't even conveyed his feelings to sunoo yet, but he felt that he still could.

^__^

rowoon was finally put to bed by sunoo, the other quietly sneaking out of his room by tiptoeing.

"you can stay in the guest bedroom if you want," sunghoon stated whilst leaning on the wall with his head tilted and hands dug in pockets.

"oh no it's fine i'll get an uber-"

"no. i'll drop you off then," sunghoon interrupted. yet, sunoo still replied with:

"it's fine really i'll get an uber, goodnight sir!" he said with a bright smile as he made his way out of the house - leaving an annoyed but smiley sunghoon behind.

^__^

the sound of a car pulling up distracted sunghoon from getting ready. despite it being his day off, he still got ready regardless. he raised an eyebrow when he saw both niki and sunoo exit the car - niki initiating a hug between the two.

he just bit the inside of his cheek and scoffed as he continued getting ready. he grabbed his keys and made his way to the front door.

"oh? sir where are you goin-"

"nowhere. just, fresh air." he replied coldly as he walked past the younger and got in his car, driving away in a matter of seconds.

sunoo just shook off the confused thought of what had happened with the other these couple of days.

'maybe it's just work.'