22.

the court trial was completed in which sunghoon won, by his private detectives finding out the mother used money to bribe her lawyers in making her get custody therefore not receiving the rights legally.

also using the fact she's irresponsible as she left on multiple occasions. however it all still felt incomplete. sunghoon was still missing a part of himself. he was still missing sunoo.

rain was flowing down his windshield which he had to continuously wipe, heavy rain streaming down from the black, dark, empty night sky.

he was driving all around the neighbourhood, town, city. he stopped at thousands of convenience stores. until he finally found him at one, slow steps in the vast amount of rain without any type of protection from the cruel weather.

he parked his car swiftly and ran up to him, slipping his jacket off to cover both of their heads as they stopped in the middle of a desolate pavement opposite his car.

"hyung."

"where have you been? i've been so worried god. why'd you suddenly leave?"

tears prickled at sunoo's eyes, not even due to the brutal weather.

"you don't need me. i don't want rowoon to see me as a mother figure. his real mum came back he needs her. or else he'll grow up wondering why he wasn't like any other kids his age. it's okay sunghoon hyung, you don't need me anymore."

and with that, sunoo began to walk off - head down as the tears he was holding back finally fell. that was until sunghoon grabbed his wrist and pulled him back - the jacket falling beside them on the concrete pavement.

sunghoon engulfed the younger in a warm hug, his arms wrapped around his waist and his head dug intro the crook of his neck. he pulled away and cupped sunoo's face in his hands that sunoo found comfort in.

"sunoo. i like you. i really like you. not just in a friend way. i like you more than that. nobody could ever replace you and you should know that."

sunoo had glistening eyes, his hands hanging onto the taller's upper arms near his biceps.

sunghoon slowly leaned in, connecting his and sunoo's lips in a chaste kiss. sunoo mirrored his every action, eyes shut and lips matching his like a puzzle. puzzle pieces made for each other.

it wasn't until around a couple of minutes when the kiss ended, the pair engulfing each other in a tight hug right after.

they didn't care about the surroundings or how soaked they were. all that mattered in the moment was each other.