5. 𝐴𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑓 ~ 𝑨𝒓𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒐𝒏 𝑺𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔

***

ʸᵒᵘ ᵗʰᵒᵘᵍʰᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵍᵒ ᶠʳᵉᵉᵇᵘᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ˢʸˢᵗᵉᵐ ⁱˢ ᵈᵒⁿᵉ ᶠᵒʳ

ᵇᵘᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ˢʸˢᵗᵉᵐ ⁱˢ ᵈᵒⁿᵉ ᶠᵒʳ

- 𝑩𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅//𝑾𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒚 𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒔𝒐𝒏

༄✯༄

Alexis sat in a comfortable armchair by the fireplace, the strong fire cracking in it, reminding her of their old days in the cabin, but now with much more money. Memories of that time living free rent in her head, but she didn't mind it.

It helped her with thinking about Feyre, because it was now more than a half year from the last time she saw her. So determined to help save her...lover? Alexis didn't know, they didn't really have time to gossip. She just knew the basic information her younger sister told Nesta and her.

In her lap was lying Buttercup, what was before a small cat, now a massive fluffy creature. Suprisingly, the only people he liked were the twins...and well Feyre. Or at least before.

In her hands, Alexis was holding some lame romance book. Don't get her wrong, she's a lover of romance genre, but this was one wasn't really good. The trope was arranged marriage, which made Alexis' stomach twist in disgust, and even worse, the main male character was acting like an toxic asshole.

So she rather closed it before getting even more angry on a book. Then, Alexis had a feeling like someone was watching her, but when she looked around, no one was in the room. Her sisters were upstairs, she knew that for sure, and if she had a feeling in her gut like this, after Matt, she would never risk it and don't trust in her instincts again.

The feeling, though, wasn't bad, Alexis just knew someone was out there. She was so focused on looking through the window, that she didn't register the shadows clinging to her more than usually. Wraping against her legs and arms.

Even after standing there for the next five minutes, she didn't see anything and wasn't ready to give up anytime soon, but then a knock on their main door echoed through the house.

The steps of Mrs. Laurent, their housekeeper, got to the door as she opened them, but only a little, someone would take it as a rude gesture. Alexis rose her eyebrows in suprise, wanting to see now what was happening there, she made her steps longer and faster than usually.

But then they faltered slightly at what- who she saw in front of their housekeeper. Alexis could feel her hands tremble so she put them in the pockets of her long black skirt, her face remaining stoic.

They both didn't see or hear her, her steps were always so quiet. But she could hear Feyre perfectly: "I'm here to see my family."

"Your-your father is away on business, but your sisters..." Mrs. Laurent didn't move out of Feyre's way. She could tell something was different or in her opinion more like off.