9. 𝑯𝒆'𝒔 𝑩𝒂𝒄𝒌

***

ʷʰᵃᵗ ᵃʳᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵒⁿⁿᵃ ᵈᵒʷʰᵉⁿ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ ⁱˢ ᵇˡᵒᵒᵈ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʷᵃᵗᵉʳʷʰᵉⁿ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ ⁱˢ ᵇˡᵒᵒᵈ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ-ʷʰᵉⁿ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ ⁱˢ ᵇˡᵒᵒᵈ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ-

ʷʰᵉⁿ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ ⁱˢ ᵇˡᵒᵒᵈ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʷᵃᵗᵉʳ
ʷʰᵉⁿ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ ⁱˢ ᵇˡᵒᵒᵈ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ-

- 𝑩𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅//𝑾𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒚 𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒔𝒐𝒏

༄✯༄

Another few weeks went by from the last time she saw Feyre. Only Cassian started to be their frequent visitor. Everytime he came, the rutine was the same: they went to the village to see if there were any news, but the queens still had to answer, then Alexis would spend the whole day with the Illyrian and he would be gone the next morning.

At night they usually went drinking, thankfully, Cassian and Nesta tried hard to not cross paths so they could avoid any fights. Week by week became the oldest Archeron closer with the long haired Illyrian.

This time, Alexis was sitting in the garden, Elain was exactly somewhere on the opposite side, maybe like a one hundred feet away. She had a brown leather book lying next to her and Buttercup sitting in her lap, stretching his paws out.

His big eyes were solely focused on her and her hand that was smoothing his soft, but dishevelled fur, then his head turned to other direction.

Alexis could feel him before she even saw him. The moment the shadows started to caress her hair more intensely, even hiding in them, settling in the crook of her neck. She could hear them whispering something in her ear, but she wasn't able to understand them.

At this point, it didn't even scare her as she was used to it by now. They were always keen of her, but they never talked to her. It only started when she first met the Shadowsinger, she knew it wasn’t an accident and it had to do something with him. What, though? Alexis had no idea.

When she looked around, she couldn't see him, honestly her sight was starting to get pretty bad and if there was something a dozen feet away, it was already blurry for her, but Alexis was sure that Azriel was there, just lurking somewhere in the shadows of one of the bigger trees.

But she just let it be, waiting for him to come to her and not the other way around. Plus, Alexis didn't even know where exactly he was, just that he was there.

Buttercup nudged her with his little snout as she, unknowingly, stopped petting him which she didn't even notice. So, she just shrugged, unbothered.

It didn't take even a minute before she heard a footsteps coming her way, she knew he did it on purpose ao that she could hear him which she was thankful him for. When she then saw his black leather boots before her, Alexis finally looked up.