7. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑴𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈

***

ʷᵉ ʷⁱˡˡ ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵍᵉᵗ ᶠʳᵉᵉˡᵃᵐᵇ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ˢˡᵃᵘᵍʰᵗᵉʳ

ˡᵃᵐᵇ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ˢˡᵃᵘᵍʰᵗᵉʳ

- 𝑩𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅//𝑾𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒚 𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒔𝒐𝒏

༄✯༄

When Alexis came down the stairs the other day, it was late in the morning as she never was the person to be up first. In the cabin she had to, but now with no real responsibilities, she wanted to enjoy the feeling that she had a choice.

So when her legs took her into the dinning room, she expected everyone including Feyre to be there. What she didn't see coming was her youngest sister and the High Lord nowhere in sight.

It made her raise her eyebrows, staring at Azriel in silent question who was the only one proper to eat and not glare at each other like Cassian and Nesta did. Elain was missing too, but Alexis was sure she was either still in her bed or in her garden.

Alexis moved on from her question of Feyre's where abouts for now and sat down next to the handsome male.

"If you want to, i can make you better ones when you will come again."  She told him as he gave her this time a questioning look before glancing at the blueberry cupcake in his hand. "Good morning by the way." She added with a smile.

"Good morning...come again?" He asked her confused, but then threw her playfully a dirty look when she just smirked at him.

"I mean you have to, how else are you going know if the Queens answered." Alexis said to him and then again looked at the cupcakes their cook made. "If you will bring me some of your herbs, seasoning...or whatever. I think I can make it eatable for you."

Azriel just nodded, but she knew he liked the idea. From the tea that happened the other night, she was sure that he was curious.

Then there was silence again, only Nesta told her a "Good morning", Cassian didn't even look up at her from his staring contest when he nodded at her. Alexis took some food on her own plate with a cup of green tea.

"Where is Feyre and the High Lord?" She suddenly asked. Nesta just shrugged as she glared at the Illyrian male. If looks could kill, Cassian wouldn't be alive since the moment they yesterday looked at each other for the first time. She then nodded at him, "This...brute is refusing to tell me."

The said brute just mockingly laughed, baring his teeth at her. "This is not the worst thing i was ever called."

"And that's a good thing?" Nesta retorted.

Alexis just hummed quietly in agreement, but didn't say a word out loud. She and Azriel just side eyed at each other as they knew this wasn't the end of it, only just the beginning.