8. 𝑵𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈'𝒔 𝑵𝒆𝒘

***

ʷʰᵃᵗ ᵃʳᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵒⁿⁿᵃ ᵈᵒ ʷʰᵉⁿ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ ⁱˢ ᵇˡᵒᵒᵈ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʷᵃᵗᵉʳᵗʰᵉ ᵖʳⁱᶜᵉ ᵒᶠ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵍʳᵉᵉᵈⁱˢ ʸᵒᵘʳ ˢᵒⁿ ᵃⁿᵈ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵈᵃᵘᵍʰᵗᵉʳ

ʷʰᵉⁿ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ ⁱˢ ᵇˡᵒᵒᵈ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʷᵃᵗᵉʳ
ᵗʰᵉ ᵖʳⁱᶜᵉ ᵒᶠ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵍʳᵉᵉᵈ
ⁱˢ ʸᵒᵘʳ ˢᵒⁿ ᵃⁿᵈ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵈᵃᵘᵍʰᵗᵉʳ

- 𝑩𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅//𝑾𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒚 𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒔𝒐𝒏

༄✯༄

It was a few weeks later when finally two of the members of the Night court showed up. Sadly, neither of them was Azriel, who Alexis started to miss after some time.

And she didn't even know why, her heart felt like it had some sort of void in it and it made her even more confused because she didn’t know the man...male...Fae, Illyrian or whatever, more than two days.

Thankfully, one of the visitors was Feyre and Alexis could finally ask her some of the real questions about her life as they couldn't do it the other times, after the breakfast she and The High Lord immediately winnowed (which Alexis was happy to finally have a word to call it) away.

The second one was Cassian, who told her (she wasn't sure if he could see the disappointment on her face or just knew, somehow) that Azriel was too busy at the moment and didn't even know that Feyre and Cassian went to the mortal lands to see if there was any update about the Queens.

Spoiler alert: there wasn't. Nobody was really jumping in delight, but it's not like they had any other choice than to wait and a week later come back. At least the sisters had an excuse as to why see each other after the months they couldn't.

Exactly as they did now, Elain and Nesta were out in the fair somewhere in the village. Cassian was on time out when he pissed off Alexis and he had to stay on the roof of the mansion as she didn't want him inside. And then there were the oldest and youngest sisters together in Alexis' room.

Both on her bed as Feyre was lying there, studying Alexis' room, especially at her shelves full of books and the open door to her walk in closet, and her sister was sitting next to her, braiding her hair.

"How is it going between you and the High Lord?" Alexis finally asked her, grinning when she saw the look her younger sister gave her.

Feyre just sighed and shrugged. Not really sure how to answer. "It's complicated."

"Complicated, how?" Alexis furrowed her dark eyebrows. "I thought there was something going between you two. The looks you gave each other and the constant flirting."