6. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑫𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒓

***

ⁱᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ˡⁱˢᵗᵉⁿ ᶜˡᵒˢᵉˡʸᵗʰᵉʳᵉ'ˢ ᵃ ᵏⁿᵒᶜᵏ ᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᶠʳᵒⁿᵗ ᵈᵒᵒʳ

ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ'ˢ ᵃ ᵏⁿᵒᶜᵏ ᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᶠʳᵒⁿᵗ ᵈᵒᵒʳ

- 𝑩𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅//𝑾𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒚 𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒔𝒐𝒏

༄✯༄

Alexis sat in the head of the table, as the oldest she is, on her left Elain took a seat. Nesta was already waiting for them there, her being on her twin's right side. Beside her claimed their seats Feyre with the High Lord.

To Elain's left came Cassian and then, next to him, Azriel who's hazel eyes never left Alexis's figure.

Feyre yanked the lids off the dishes that lied on the table: salmon, chicken, mashed potatoes, eggs... Everyone then took what they liked on their plates (some more than others), the silence only interrupted by the clinking of the cutlery.

Alexis didn't take much, she was still full from the lunch and didn't want to seem unlady-like by having too much on her plate and to make a good impression. Her mother always reminded her with her sharp tone to not eat that much.

The winged males looked to Alexis like they didn't eat in weeks, Rhysand also taking food into his mouth without hesitation, but then her eyes slid on Feyre who's expression was full of disgust.

Nesta seemed to notice too. “Is there something wrong with our food?” She asked.

Feyre made herself take another bite.  “No.” She swallowed and gulped down  a good amount of water.

“So you can’t eat normal food anymore- or are you too good for it?” Nesta challenged her with innocent smile. What suprised Alexis though, was that Nesta's tone wasn't cold, it was more...normal. She still didn't like the second part of the question.

Feyre laid her hand flat on the table. “I can eat, drink, fuck, and fight just as well as I did before. Better, even.”

Cassian choked on his water. Azriel shifted uncomfortably on his seat, but also positioning himself to get in between them if needed. Nesta let out a low sarcastic laugh.

Alexis herself didn't know if she should laugh, cringe or feel proud.

Rhysand didn’t even blink before he said to Nesta. “If you ever come to Prythian, you will discover why your food tastes so different.”

Nesta looked him up and down. “I have little interest in ever setting foot in your land, so I’ll have to take your word on it.”

“Nesta, please." Elain murmured, the sisters were normally changing of who would be the one telling Nesta to...shut up. Elain? Pleading. Alexis? Literally telling her to keep her mouth shut.