18. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑪𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝑶𝒇 𝑺𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

***

ʷʰᵉʳᵉᵛᵉʳ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵒ

ʷʰᵉʳᵉᵛᵉʳ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵒ

ᵗʰᵃᵗ'ˢ ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ⁱ ʷⁱˡˡ ᶠᵒˡˡᵒʷ

- 𝑫𝒊𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒂 𝒔𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒆 𝒃𝒚
𝑳𝒂𝒅𝒚 𝑮𝒂𝒈𝒂, 𝑩𝒓𝒖𝒏𝒐 𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒔

༄✯༄

A week later

"I can't believe i've ever agreed to this." Alexis breathed out, still in disbelief, looking around her as she playfully kicked a small remaining pile of snow that laid on the street in front of her. "Why did I even agree?"

It was nearing the end of April and because Velaris was in a different climate area than where her village in the Mortal Lands was, the weather was also just a complete opposite. And actually so unique.

Rhysand told her though, that in a few weeks rest of the flowers would start to bloom and they're going to decorate the whole Velaris, gardens or meadows? It didn't matter. The snow will finally disappear like it mostly already did and the strong wind will be replaced with a warm rays of sunlight.

Since the morning that day there was a light snow falling from the sky, not even easily noticeable if you weren't paying enough attention. Sun was hiding behind the few gray clouds that adored the sky along with a thick white fog but it was suprisingly quite warm enough.

"Because i'm so charming." Rhysand answered her with a toothy smile. A what? Alexis' eyes almost widened, almost, and she had to blink a few times before she turned away from him, staring ahead of herself.

"Sure if you think so." She brushed him off.

Rhysand nodded his head, ignoring or not even noticing that what she told him was meant to be sarcastic. "I do."

"What are we doing here?"

He gave her a look, which you could call a side-eye, like it wasn't fucking obvious in his opinion. "Giving you a tour."

Right...

If this was his idea of a tour Alexis was now reconsidering her life choices. Like coming here with him, what was she thinking? She couldn't even nearly stand that guy but maybe this amazing shared time was going to change it.

She didn't even believe that herself when the thought went through her head.

"Well, you’re not really your peachy and chatty self. I don’t even know where we are right now and we've been walking for at least five minutes."

"Maybe even ten." Rhysand said sarcastically, giving her a knowing look.

"Indeed." Alexis continued with looking around her, pointedly not sparing him even a glance, and as much as she wanted to retort something spiteful to just get reaction out of him, she had to admit that Velaris was beautiful. "Where is Az?"