ACT I - Part IV

Standing in King cross station, Sigyn looked around confused searching for any sign of a platform nine and three quarters. Oliver turned the map he had purchased upside down and upright again several times to try and make sense of it. The two siblings were alone as their mother had conveniently fallen ill the day before. They stood in between platform nine and ten in  confusion until they saw a dark haired woman approach.

She had an air of authority around her that installed fear in anyone who had the displeasure of meeting her. She had her dark locks pulled back tightly in a bun and was dragging a young boy with the same dark mess of hair behind her. The boy looked nervous as they approached the wall and Oliver took his chance to aske for directions. "Excuse me, do you happen to know how to get to platform nine and three quarters?" He inquired. The woman turned sharply to face him while the boy sunk into him self with fear.  Visibly irritated, the woman answered him "you run through the wall you half-witted muggle" she snapped. Neither Iwaldison has quite sure what she had meant by muggle but assumed it was an insult of some kind. 

Just when Oliver was about to reply to her rudeness, the woman grasped her sons wrist, snapping "come along Sirius" and strode confidently at the wall separating the platforms and disappeared into the red brick. The siblings glanced at each  other, unsure but eventually decided that it was worth a try. They clutched each others hands and ran straight at the wall. Opening their eyes both were pleasantly surprised to find themselves on the other side on a completely new platform. They could see the other woman and her son ahead of them walking briskly towards the train.

"She's a right bitch" Oliver muttered "ah" said a man beside them, startling Oliver "I see you've meet Walburga" he continued, oblivious to the fact that he had frightened the boy "all the blacks are like that, pureblood superiority and all that, you know how it is" Oliver hadn't the slightest notion what the man was talking about but nodded along anyway. "I'm Fleamount by the way, and this is James" the man introduced, gesturing the small, messy haired boy at his side. Oliver nodded at the boy and then turned back to Fleamount as he spoke again. "Are you a second year?" he asked "Oh no, I'm not going, I'm just here for my sister, Sigyn" Fleamount smiled down at the girl who waved back at him. "Oh how rude of me" the older man said suddenly "In ever asked your name" "Oliver" "where are your parents Oliver" The boy shifted on his feet "um our mother couldn't come, she's fallen ill" Oliver replied "conveniently" Sigyn added quietly but James heard it and glanced at her oddly. 

The whistle blew on the large red train and Fleamount's face broke into a smile "we'll you kids better go, you don't want to be late now do you?" James grinned back at his father "don't worry dad" he said "I'll get into Gryffindor just like you!" his father simply laughed in response and ruffled his hair. James turned to Sigyn "come on" he exclaimed "let's go". Sigyn was not quite sure why he was being kind to her when she had done absolutely nothin to prove herself but went along with it. James seemed like good fun and she didn't know anyone else yet. They boarded the train quickly and began to walk down the small corridor looking for a carriage. "What's  Gryffindor?" Sigyn asked, breaking the silence James stooped in his tracks and looked back at the girl, scandalized. "Only the best house in Hogwarts, do you know the other houses?" Sigyn shook her head "I don't know anything about this place" she admitted. James smiled "don't worry, I'll tell you everything on the journey" she smiled back at him which James seemed to appreciate "I've never been friends with a girl before" he said excitedly making her laugh.

They eventually settled at a carriage with two people inside "there's no empty carriages left, lets go here shall we?".  They stepped inside and were faced with two other first years. There was a girl with bright red hair and a boy with dark long hair. The girl beamed up at them when they entered "Hi" she greeted "hi, is it all right if we sit here, there's no other carriages left" James asked "of course" the girl replied before turning to the boy "that's alright isn't it sev?" the other boy didn't verbally respond, only nodding with a sour expression on his face.        

The two new commers settled down on the seats opposite the others. "I'm Lily" said the red haired girl "And this is Severus" she pointed to the boy beside her who again, only nodded in acknowledgement of his name. "I'm James and this is Sigyn" at this Severus looked up with curiosity "Sigyn" he said "like the Norse goddess of victory?" Sigyn simply shrugged, she was unaware that she had a name sake. "I don't know" she answered "probably" before the conversation could continue however the door of the carriage was flung open and a boy with messy black hair stood grinning at them "There's room in here2 he said, almost completely ignoring the other occupants. Sigyn recognized him as the son of the rude woman, 'Sirius' he had been referred to then. Sirius steeped inside dragging a nervous looking blond boy with him.

He plonked him self down beside Lily and winked at her, receiving an eyeroll in response. "I'm Sirius" he declared, neglecting to introduce the smaller boy who had arrived with him. "Peter" the blond one squeaked. Everyone else in the carriage then proceeded to introduce themselves.

"Lily Evans"

"James Potter"

"Sigyn Iwaldidotter"

"Severus Snape".

At Sigyn's surname Snape looked interested again but said nothing. 

"This is great" Sirius decided after hearing everyone's name "Half of you are muggleborn, my parents will hate you all" he sat back with a satisfied grin having said his peace. Snape looked slightly offended by his words but said nothing. Sigyn wasn't entirely sure if she had been insulted or not but said nothing. 

 Finally on our way to Hogwarts!