ACT I - Part XI

The killer of Killian Creed was never found so it was eventually ruled out as a su!c!de. Lavinia never saw that suited man again but she always had a good idea that he was the cause if the young gardeners death.

The following morning could only be described as..... cold. The occupants of the house trickled down stairs early afternoon and wondered aimlessly around the house until Odin decided to call a meeting of sorts in the sitting room. The adults along with Sigyn and Loki gathered to hear the reigning Asgardian speak. "I think it is best for the ceremony to proceed" he said, almost immediately. To the shock of the room it was Sigyn who answered with "I agree". She tried to ignore Thor who was looking at her rather oddly, as if assessing her for head trauma or something along those lines that would prompt her to consent to a marriage she had done nothing but oppose since it was first mentioned.

After a moment, Odin turned to Turner and asked him "and you?" The man thought for a moment, glancing at Sigyn who just watched him with an odd expression on her face. "I uh..." he began "um sure" he finally finished, not very sure if himself.

Sigyns mother clapped her hands together happily "wonderful!" She proclaimed, "we can do a quite wedding, just ourselves and then Sigyn can do the whole 'come into society' thing and we can put all the nasty business behind us".

Perhaps ignorance really is bliss.

The wedding went ahead as planned, it was a traditional Vanaheimian wedding with the bride wearing her hair in a halo braid around her head like her mother before her. Die to the fact that her father was dead and her eldest Male relative present being Odin who was of high enough status to be seated beside the alter, Oliver took on the role of walking her down the aisle and Loki and Thor acted as groomsmen for the groom. Frigga and Sigyns mother sat in the front clutching each others hands at the sight of the first of thier children, and one of the youngest, getting married.

Both Sigyn and Marshall kept a neutral expression throughout the ceremony as if they were in a business meeting  rather than their own wedding.

After that they all returned to the house, leaving an awkward encounter in which Sigyn attempted to return to her own room and her mother insisted that she sleep with Marshall in his room.

Sigyn stepped out of the small bathroom off of one of the guest rooms and into the main bedroom wearing an elegant white night gown. Marshall coughed awkwardly and turned away politely as Sigyn sighed and climbed into the bed. "Theres not much point in politeness" she said "give how backwards this place is, you basically own me now". He frowned slightly as he listened before taking a shy step closer to the bed, opposite from where she lay.

"I'm not going to... treat you badly or anything if that's what you think, I know this marriage wasn't exactly consensual on either side, your still free to do what ever you please" Marshall told her "how kind of you she muttered sarcastically. His silence made her fell horrid for it almost immediately, she had been rude for no reason when clearly he was trying his hardest to make the best of the situation.

He climbed into the other side of the bed, given no other options to sleep, and deliberately left at least a foot of space between them. Sigyn, still regretting her previous comment, cleared her throat quietly and turned to face the man - her husband.

"I barley know you" she said quietly. He laughed a little "what?" She asked, a smile playing in her own lips now. "This is all a bit fucked up isn't it?" He laughed "a murder and a marriage in one week" Sigyn began to laugh along with him "yes I suppose it is she agreed".

As they joked together in the dark they both began to think the same thing.

Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all. They were wrong of course. It was all about to go to shit because exactly two weeks after that it would be revealed to the world who Sigyn really was and, well you know what happened next.

But for now, it wasn't all that awful.

Just for now.

Anyone reading this might notice that my authors notes don't quite align with the date that I have said things like updated even though this entire thing has been released in one day , that is because it had been roughly a year maybe two I think since I wrote this I took it down a couple months ago I have not touched Wattpad in any long long time I have been writing on A03 instead, but I haven't read the written anything marvel on there only touched the marauders fandom briefly and the hunger games fandom and several one shots I've put up and then taken back down again because I didn't like them.

Honestly I'm starting to miss the aesthetic of wattpad, AO3 has some really good writing, I'm not a big fan of reader or OC fics so that was perfect for me because you have a much bigger range on there, but I just miss having pretty covers honestly and that's why I am back and hopefully I can finish this story, I am gonna have to reread the entire thing myself to remember any of the details I was reading through this thinking what a stupid idea was the name of Norse god Oliver to begin with I mean that's such a British name and Killian that's an Irish one, but yeah so hopefully can get back into this if anyone is even reading this anymore and anyone who was reading it when I  originally published it has probably long since deleted it from their library but if you are still here I love you so so much and thank you very much!