R.E.M

" "I love you"
Who starts a conversation like that? Nobody, but I do
But you are not a picture, I can't cut you up and hide you
I'll get you out my mind, mhm, I tried to
But I just want to stand and yell
I will never dare to tell
Think I heard some wedding bells, shh, keep it to yourself"

dress pictured above

fillie

Current Day, 2024

Millie was sitting in her trailer, trying to figure out what to do about her current predicament. She hadn't heard from the guy she had been talking to for the past couple of months.

It had been two days.

Two whole days.

Which was odd because they always talked or texted. But nothing. Radio silence.

They were supposed to meet up at a party after her rehearsals for one of her best friends, Noah Schnapp who was celebrating his birthday.

She tucked a piece of her brown hair behind her ear, her legs crossed in the chair; tapping her foot. She nibbled on her nail as she mindlessly scrolled through instagram.

Millie hadn't heard from Jack in two days. Was she worried? Oh hell yes. Her anxiety was in overdrive. Plus, the humid LA weather was not helping anything, causing her to sweat like a sinner in church.

Just then her phone dinged with a text message, she got excited, quickly clicking on the banner and reading it. A sigh left her lips as she read the message from Jack, "Sorry. Cant make it. Tell the birthday boy I say Happy B-Day." She groaned and tossed her phone on the table in front of her.

Great, she waited on a text just to see that he wasn't going to be able to make it. Fabulous.

Millie couldn't even imagine what he could possibly be so busy with that was more important than spending time with her. Not texting her for two days? Then ditching last minute on their plans?

Not okay at all.

She felt, sad and alone. Also, angry. Now she was going to have to fake being happy for the night. Which was the last thing she bloody wanted!

"This day has turned into an absolute..." Her phone pinged again and she got another text message, interrupting her. This time the text was from a different boy. Her smile resumed on her face as she opened the text thread.

finnie 💛

pls tell me your coming to Noah's party tonight. i cannot do this shit by myself

im coming
don't worry
wouldn't make you suffer like that 😌

wow ur so gracious
this is why we are great friends 👍🏻

i can smell ur bloody sarcasm from here 😒

bloody?
ooh?
another english thing? 💀

i hate you

you love me

no i don't 😠