Chapter 9

Chapter 9:

Alix-

    "Thank you for the ride," I tell the male nurse who'd taken us to the hotel. He smiled at me.

    "Here, let me give you my number. In case you need a ride in the morning."

    "Oh, ye-"

    "That won't be neccessary- thanks though," Ryan interrupted, glaring at the guy while he put his arm around me pointedly.

    "I'll take the number." Alice sighed and leaned in the car window to grab the guy's number that he'd scribbled on a ripped piece of paper. "Come on, guys. This Vicodin is gonna lay me on my ass in seconds."

    "Let's get you into a bed then, huh?" I couldn't hide my smile. I sat Alice down on a chair in the lobby of the motel while Ryan went to check into our room. When he came back Alice was already sleeping and he looked agitated.

    "What's wrong?" I asked.

    "The cheapskates! They only got one bed for the three of us." Ryan growled, and picked Alice up out of the chair, humming quietly. It made me happy to know that he treated her like a sister.

    "I'll sleep on the couch, or chair or whatever. You two can have the bed." Alice's voice was just above a whisper. "Love birds," she coughed. Ryan and I chuckled.

    Finally finding our room. Ryan politely dumped Alice on the only couch- which was nothing more then a loveseat at most. Then he turned to me.

    "You feeling okay?"

    "I'm fine," I promised, cracking a smile. "What about you?" I questioned, walking toward him until my hands could reach around his neck and press my body right up against his. Ryan's hands closed securely around each of my hips.

    "Getting better." He smirked and his lips met mine softly then gaining force. I didn't notice  that we'd moved into the bathroom, until he picked me up and set me on the counter top. His lips only left mine when his hands caught the edge of my shirt and pulled it off over my head. "God, you're beautiful. So fucking pretty." He kissed the side of my neck.

    I was so wrapped up in the moment that I couldn't say no, or even really want him to stop. At least until he started to pull down my jeans, I shoved him away. He must have really been into the moment because he actually fell back, somewhat.

    "What? Did I do something wrong?"

    I shook my head, "No nothing, I just..." I looked down wondering if I was like all those other girls he'd had sex with. Sighing and pushing my blonde hair behind my ear I looked back up at him. "I'm just scared," I admitted.

    "Of what?" He cocked his head to the side.

    "Everything. What if... What if I care for you more then I think is safe for me? What if I care for you so much that-"

    "That it'll hurt if you ever decide to stop wanting me?" Ryan finished my sentence, "Did you even realize that I told you I love you?" He asked, looking a little ticked.

    "You never..." Then I remembered, he had told me he loved me. "You... You did..."

    He nodded, "I did. I do... I'm in love with you, Alix." He laughed, but it sounded bitter. "I never thought I'd say that to a girl. Or a guy either, but you get the picture."

    Ignoring that last comment, I asked quietly, "You mean it? You're not just saying that so you can get in my pants, right?" He laughed the same way as before.

    "I know you, Alix. Even if I told you I loved you for that, you wouldn't let me get in your pants."

    "So you love me because I won't have sex with you?"

    "No, I love you because you're different." He smiled at me and his hands rested on my thighs. "Do you love me, Alix?" He asked, pure hope glittering in his eyes.

    I could only nod at him. "Say it, Alix. Tell me you love me... but only say it if you mean it." He flashed me a heartbreakingly beautiful smile that only Ryan could ever pull off.

    "Ryan, I do l-" Someone knocked on the door, efficiently interrupting me. Ryan groaned.

    "Just stay here, I'll get it." He kissed me quickly; when he left I thought about everything he'd just said to me- and everything I was going to say to him. I loved him, I figured that out the night I'd squished his ciggarette. When we started actually dating. I smiled as an idea hit me.

Ryan-

    I opened the door and was shocked to have my mother pull me into her arms, blubbering about how I could have died. While my dad stood beside her.

    "What are you doing here?" I asked them.

    "We heard you were in an accident. The doctor called us and said you needed a room," he explained his eyes widening as he saw something over my shoulder. I'd noticed my mother's sobs halt as well.

    "Oh my God," Alix's voice stammered. I turned to see her in nothing but a towel- a white and very tinyy towel, wrapped snugly against her perfect little body- Shit I was in front of my parents with a growing problem in my pants. I cleared my throat and went to Alix's side before she could run away. That would only encourage my parents idea that she was a fling that I'd get over in a few hours at the most.

     I had to show them that I really wanted her to want to be with me- forever.  And I had to get my parents to accept that if she did want that then I would give it to her.

    "Mom, Dad, this is Alix. My girlfriend." I held her against my side. Trying to hide her body from my father's roaming gaze and my mother's disaproving one. "Alix, my parents."

    "Uh, Hello, I was just getting in the shower," she stammered quickly; my father gave me a look.

    "Well, you could have told us if we were interrupting something," he chided.

    "You weren't. She was taking a shower. I was getting ready to watch some TV and order some food. Why are you here? Why didn't you just call my cell?" I questioned dryly.

    The next thing I knew, Alice was walking from the next room in nothing more than a t-shirt and panties. She stopped in her tracks at the sight of us.

    "Ryan!" My mother exclaimed with astonishment.

    "Mom!"

    "Woah, no." Alice covered her ears and walked away leaving Alix and I  to fend for ourselves.