Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

    Alix's POV

    After chickening out and making up excuses during the day, I finally forced myself to go and talk to him... the only downfall of my timing, was that it was past curfew. FML.  I changed into my pajamas and waited until Alice and Kate were sleeping before I snuck out to make my apology.

    Most likely, this would all turn out to be a stupid move on my part.

    Walking through the hall I head to the Starlight Directory desk, where there was always someone watching over the dorm halls. This one over saw the vampire dorms. The precise spot where I was headed in the middle of the night. And seeing how I wasn't a vampire, this would pose a problem with the guy at the desk.

    I took a deep breath and make my way to the desk. The man looked up at me, ready to scold me for being out so late, and in the completely wrong hall. I quickly came up with my excuse.

    "I know, I know," I said, holding up my hands, "I was thirsty so I went to the kitchen to get a drink, but when I was going back... well, I heard some Vampire girls talking about having a human in their room." Vague, but totally plausible.

    "Did they say anything else?" The guy asked, standing up nervously.

    "No, they saw me and stopped talking. I just thought you should know." I shrugged innocently.

    He hurries out from behind the desk, and thanks me. I nod and turn as if to walk away, back to my own hall, but when he's far enough gone,  I go behind the desk and easily find the list of dorm rooms and their occupants. I skim through the list of last names starting with 'T'.

    "You're not supposed to be here," a voice declared. I jump out of the seat.

    "Shit!" My sudden gasp turned into a scowl. "You scared the hell out of me, Max!" I smacked him.

    "Uh, was that supposed to hurt?" Max asked, and I glared at him. "In that case," he faked a grimace and holds his shoulder, "pain. So much PAIN!"

    "Sh," I spat out, "you're gonna get me in trouble."

    "Well, answer my question. What are you doing?"

    I sighed, and decided that it was too late to lie now. "I'm looking for Mr. Tyler."

    Max laughed. "Mr. Tyler? Really? That's pretty formal for someone you had sex-"

    "We did not have SEX! Or anything close to it! He passed out drunk, and I threw him off my bed. He went into my closet and stole my bra. End of story."

    "But now you're looking for him... So, it really isn't?" Max was drunk, I realized, because he was never this smart.

    "You're drunk," I stated, trying desperately to change the subject.

    "Yes." He cocked an eyebrow dramatically. "Yes, I am. BUT that's not the point at the moment. Isssit?" Max slurred, and shook a finger at me. Again I scowled. It was official, life hated me. I could practically hear Alice quoting Mean Girls, 'Boo, you whore!' I sighed.

    "Can you help me, or not?"

    "Yeah, He's at a party."

    "A party? Great."

    "YEPP!" Max smiled dreamily, "It was great!"

    "I'm sure." I rolled my eyes."Could you take me to the party, Max?"

    He looked down at his feet, and rubbed the back of his neck wearily. "I don't know if you'd approve."

    "Max, I don't approve of many things." I crossed my arms over my chest.