Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Ryan's POV

    I hurriedly picked up Alix from out of the snow and put her over my shoulder. Miraculously, Alice stood up next to me, her wound fully healed. I think she was in shock, however.

    "Paul, can you carry Lance up the hill, or do you want me to? I can get both of them," I told him. He shook his head and lifted Lance off the ground in response.

    What did I get myself into?

    It didn't matter though. These were my friends, and I had to get them all to a hospital, or a hotel. Something out of this weather to where we could all rest and think. I felt so lucky that no one had died... hell, if I was a girl, or gay, I'd probably be tearing up. Okay, that was a lie. Paul wasn't tearing up. Yet.

    Alice followed behind us, slowly making her way up the hill. Yeah, she was no doubt in shock, but there wasn't anything I could do about that. We started our way down the road, following Paul, who was carrying Lance like he was a small, sleeping child. Which he so was Not, and I could tell that said blonde was screwing up his shoulder. How did he even manage to do that, anyways?

    Eventually, we got to a motel, where the lady at the desk stood up distressedly at the sight of us and quickly got us to a room. She was older, but still pretty cute, and so I proceeded in talking about how we were in a horrible car accident, and all lucky to be alive. I think it was the last bit about how I didn't know what would happen next, and me turning around so she wouldn't see me "tearing up" that I got our rooms for free.

    There were only two beds in the room we got, and all of it smelled really bad. Like dust and musk. Paul and I layed our injured ones down on the bed. Alice sat down next to Alix, putting her face in her hands. I think she was crying, at that point. Paul looked at me, and motioned for me to say something. I never was good at comfort, so I shrugged anxiously at him. He rolled his eyes and went over to sit by her, putting his arms around her shoulder and telling her that it was going to be okay. He threw his phone at me and told me to call the hospital.

    And so I dialed 911. Because they say you should get any involved persons into a hospital immidiently to be checked up on. I explained the situation to the paramedic on the way there, and found myself in a hospital bed, getting my blood pressure taken and other pathetic things. I was fine, it should be the rest of them getting this care.

    Soon enough the doc let me go and I was walking down the hall toward Alix's room with him.

    "Miss Roscoe will be fine. She was merely suffering from loss of sudden energy and went into shock from the sudden transition. Alice was... slightly traumatized, so our nurses are talking to her. She should be alright as well, but it all depends on how powerful the spell was, which we will find out once Alix awakens. Mr. Jax's shoulder is being relocated. Mr. Harlett had a concussion, however. I am surprised that he fell unconscious, that being said, so I'm not taking it as a good sign. You are very fortunate, Mr. Tyler," Doc told me as he pushed open the door to room 114, AKA Alix's room. I snorted. Fortunate? Yeah right.

    There was my girl, sitting up in bed, looking at me with, what was that, brown eyes? I really couldn't keep track, but I quickly walked over to her and took her in my arms. She was shaking. I was shaking. God, I was so relieved that she was okay. I hadn't realized how much I'd been worrying until everything just seemed okay.

    "I love you, Alix," I blurted. I would not cry. Under no circumstances would I cry. "So much. I thought I was going to lose you, sweetie." I sounded stupid, but I didn't care.