Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

Alix's POV

    Compared to Thursday, nothing much happened. I was surprised when Ryan sat next to me, I'd thought it would be awkward, but he ever really said anything about the party. I was wondering if he'd forgotten the whole thing, but then he'd look at me and I'd realized he was assessing me. As if he was making sure I was okay. Which I was. Totally, and completely fine.

    I may have had a little break down, and practically begged him not to leave me, but that was because of the situation. Not because I actually liked him. I mean, it was his fault in the first place! He left me in a spot  where he knew I would get into trouble! He'd practically planned the whole thing!

    But even so, everytime I saw him, my heart would leap out of my chest. Or I'd do something stupid, like forgetting to breathe, or tripping.. or eye-fucking him- which was totally stupid because I hated him. I really did. I swear... To say the least, my life had spiraled out of control in a matter of days, and all because of a boy. A vampire boy.

    "Okay, what is up with you?" Alice asked.

    "Uh, nothing," I replied.

    "Puh-lease. You've been moping around since- whoa! Revaluation!" She exclaimed. "You've been acting odd and slightly depressed since you went to apologize to your vampire bra-thief."

    "I'm not depressed."

    "What do you call what your doing right now?"

    "Thinking."

    "Psh! You were, like, glaring, then you got this I'm-so-happy, I-could-shit grin on your face. You're either depressed, or psychotic."

    "PARTY!" Kate screamed, interrupting Alice's evaluation from the couch in the middle of the room, and bolted over to the two of us. I was thankful for the change of topic, though not so sure about how I felt when it started with "party".

    "What the hell are you yelling for?" Alice grumbled, obviously upset with my luck in this case.

    "I got us invited to Lance's party!" She jumped up and down.

    "Lance Harlett?" Alice asked looking at me. I shrugged, "Isn't he a stripper?"

    "No! You're such a fruit cake, silly nilly."

    "Okay, never say that again." I sighed.

    "I swear to god, I heard he gave a lap dance to Paul Jaxx." Alice said mostly to herself.

    Max chose that moment to saunter up. "Did I hear lap dance?"

    "He was drunk!" Kate exclaimed.

    "Hi Max." Alice batted her eyelashes at him.

    If you ask me, there was way too much going on right now for me to even keep up. So I settled for "Oh Dear God!" and dropping my head to the table in defeat. Why couldn't I just die already?

    "So Alix, how are you on this fine afternoon?" Max happily asked me.

    I glared.

    "What are you doing tonight?" Alice inquired flirtatiously. I held back a laugh as I realized that Max seriously had no idea that Alice was even talking to him. She must've realized it too, because she stood up, looking rather ticked, and stormed away. "Whatever."

    "Is she PMS-ing?" Kate asked.

    "I don't know," Max answered. "I didn't smell anything."