Chapter 6

*** TIME SKIP: TWO WEEKS LATER***

Baylen's POV

I pulled into my parents driveway and parked, looking over at Sadie in the passenger seat. She was asleep. I unbuckled and leaned over to kiss her cheek. "We're here. Wanna go in?" I said softly.

She groaned softly and tossed in her seat. "Hmm..."

I laughed and got out, leaving the car on for her. I was only there for a second anyway.

"Lilah!" I called as I walked in. "You ready?" My mom came out of the kitchen and greeted me at the door. She kissed my face.

"Hey baby, thank you for taking her to support group." Mom said.

Since we came back from Hawaii I had told my parents about Lilah of course, and they decided she needed a group she could go to weekly. They also made her turn off her comments and DMs on Instagram for awhile.

It was helping. She was already feeling better.

Lilah came down stairs just then, smiling. Which I LOVE to see.

"Bye mom, love you... where's dad?" I said.

"He's working out with his buddy somewhere. I'll have him call you later." She said, kissing Lilah goodbye.

"Okay. And you're picking her up?" I said.

"Yes! Now go, hurry. Don't be late!"

***

After we dropped off Lilah, Sadie woke up and we went to get food. I pulled into the long Chick-fil-A drive thru line and we waited.

"I'm sooo hungry." Sadie whined. I handed her the container of Vitamin C gummies from my cup holder. She glared at me, suppressing a smile.

"I'm getting a 30 piece nugget." I said, grabbing my sunglasses from the dash and putting them on.

"You are NOT gonna eat all that." Sadie laughed.

"I so fucking will Sadie. I'm a TANK."

Suddenly my phone rang. A FaceTime.

"Holy shit look Sadie. Veronica Styles is calling me." I said, holding the phone up.

"The vlogger? You know her?" She said.

"Yeah, we used to be SO close but she moved away to LA." I answered the FaceTime and held it up, and the image of her in her car came up.

"HEYYYY BAYLEN." She screamed.

"HEYYYYY VERO!" I yelled back. We both laughed. "What's up?"

"Look in your rear view mirror." Veronica said, raising her eyebrows at me. I did, and she was in the car behind me.

"You're back in town? Holy shit what the fuck that's dope." I said.

"Yeah! Park when you get out of the drive-thru, I wanna see you!" She said.

"Okay, bet. See you in a few."