Chapter 28

Baylen's POV

I turned around and my heart dropped.

Sadie was standing at the fancy bar, talking to the old guy behind the counter. She held up two fingers, then the guy handed her two shot glasses.. She picked up the glasses and turned around and made a beeline straight for Peej's table. My heart dropped even lower. Then, she handed him a shot and he DRANK it. He smiled, handing the glass back and saying "one more", sending her giggling on her way back to the bar for two more. This time on her way back to her table she beelined more to her right, walking straight towards us. I was frozen, so I didn't turn around to hide like I did with Peej. She saw me and Kyle and jumped. She dropped both glasses, causing the seating area to collectively gasp.

I heard someone approaching, and I turned my head to see Peej on his way over to us. He saw my face and also became frozen in his tracks. "Baylen..?" He said softly.

I glanced at Kyle, his jaw dropped.

"What... what's going on?" I looked back to Peej. Then Sadie. Then Peej again. Neither of them spoke.

"Baylen... I-Well, we're just... it isn't like..." Peej stuttered.

I looked to Sadie again. She didn't speak. Tears just welled up in her eyes.

I walked out of the restaurant.

Kyle's POV

Hurt was written all over Baylen's face. He walked out.

"This is not okay, dude." I said to Peej. I turned to Sadie, and just shook my head. I bumped Peej's shoulder on my way back to our table. I told Lukas and Jordan a summary. We all got up and left, but not before I paid for our meal.

Baylen was in the car, his head on the wheel. I gestured for Lukas and Jordan to stand away so I could talk to him in private.

I opened the car door, leaning on it. "Hey, man."

He lifted his head. Surprisingly, he wasn't crying or anything.

"Hey." He said. "Y'all ready? It's bank time." He said.

"Are you.. okay?"  I said.

He stood up and slid past me and around the minivan. He stopped in front of Peej's cartoon on the side. "We gotta get something over this." He said, pointing to it then laughing.

I knew he was just pretending to be okay, but I didn't wanna press it. I just nodded and we all got in the car.

Baylen fulfilled his promise. Jordan left with 50,000 dollars. We rode home from the bank in mainly silence except for yachty on the speakers. Baylen went straight to bed. I told Lukas how I was worried and he said to give him time, but this wasn't like anything that had happened before.

Peej was his bestfriend. We were ALL bestfriends, and we were cousins, but Peej had been his friend since middle school. That's a long time. He was supposed to have his back.

And he had ROYALLY LET HIM DOWN. Even after everything Baylen had done for him and all of us for that matter, he fucked it up.

I called Peej to maybe talk about it but he didn't answer. I scrolled through Instagram for awhile because it was keeping me awake, and I saw a drama page had posted a picture with the headline: Baylen Levine unfollowed Lil Peej on Instagram and deleted all their pictures together.

I check Baylen's page to see if it was true. It was.