Love?

Bridgette's POV

"Heck, isn't it awesome?" He asked with a wide grin.

"Yeah! I never thought Duncan would plan such a surprise." I smirked.

Flashback

Me, Geoff, Duncan and Courtney were having a picnic in the park, talking and stuff. Until kids started running around us, each holding a piece of paper.

"Are you Ms. Courtney?" Three boys in red with each having a rose with them asked Courtney.

"Yes." She answered sweetly.

"Roses for you." They said in unison.

"I". The first boy said, giving her the first rose before running with the others.

"Love." The second one did the same.

"You." And the third one did the same as well.

After that, the kids started to line themselves in front of us. They held their papers and we all read what the message says in our minds.

Courtney, will you go out with me?

Duncan read it out loud as he was looking at Courtney, he was really serious.

"I... I..." She ran off.

Duncan was left with us, looking really down.

"Hey, man, she was just shocked." Geoff patted his back.

"Maybe she doesn't just love me back, that's all." He said.

My eyes widened.

"Love?" Me and Geoff asked in unison.

Duncan just walked away without saying a single word, leaving us even more shocked.

End of Flashback

"I don't know about your best friend, she turned him down." Geoff said, obviously a bit annoyed at what Courtney did.

"She's been through a lot, she have her reasons." I defended.

"Chill, Bridgette. I'm not hating Courtney or anything, don't need to be so defensive." He said.

"You're Duncan's best friend, do you know everything about him?" I asked.

"Not really 'all', but, yeah, we could say that." He said.

"Does he really like Courtney?" I asked.

"Of course he does!" He exclaimed.

"Like or love?" I asked.

"Uhhh, I don't know how to answer that. I mean, Duncan... The word 'love' doesn't really suit the guy, right? But last night, I'm damn sure he loves her." He said.

I just shrugged and sat next to him, I got a bit tired standing.

"But really, he's dead serious about Courtney. Maybe he is really in love with her." He said.

"Courtney thinks he's just a player, but I'm sure she likes Duncan. I mean, the more you hate, the more you love, right?" I asked.

"Hmmm, I guess you're right about that. Why does she hate Duncan, anyway?" He asked.

"Well, she really doesn't 'hate' the guy, she's just not letting her guard down." I answered.

"We all know Duncan is the type of guy that is really a player, just with one look. But when he started getting attached with Courtney, I mean, it's like all the time his mouth always talk about her, his eyes always find her and all the time he was like Courtney and stuff, I can surely say he changed."

"Wow, I can't believe Duncan." I uttered.

"That's what you call 'in love', Brigette." He said.

"How about you, are you in love?" I asked playfully with a smirk.

"Obviously." He answered.

"With who?" I asked.

"Is that even a question?" He asked back.

I laughed a bit before looking at him, our eyes met.

"I'm in love with you." He answered seriously.

I didn't know what to say. My heart is beating so fast, I could even feel my cheeks burning red.

"How about you?" He asked, his serious eyes still looking into mine.

"I... Ahhh... I..." Should I admit how I feel about him?

He's waiting for what I'll say, I just can't hide it anymore.

"I... I think I l-love you..." After saying that, he slowly leaned closer to me.

Gosh! Is he gonna kiss me?

His lips are so close to mine, but we're not kissing. I can't say it's just inches or centimeters away, it's way more close! It's like there's no space between our lips, but we're not kissing. Is he gonna kiss me, or what? I can't hide it anymore! I gripped his hair with my hand quickly, kissing him passionately.

"Mhmmm..." I could feel him smiling as he kissed me back, wrapping his arms around my waist.

I pulled back because I'm running out of breath.

"I... Ahhh... Are we..." He can't finish his sentence, catching his breath.

"So..." I said, catching my breath as well.

"Are we together?" We both asked each other at the same time.

He just smiled at me and I smiled back. We kissed one more time, not fast, just gentle and letting it flow...

I guess we're together.