Hang In There

"D-duncan?" Bridgette and Geoff looked at me with shocked faces as I called their attention.

"What happened?!" Bridgette asked, worried.

"I got slapped by Heather, worse than yours." I replied with a sigh.

Her eyes widened as Geoff narrowed his eyes at me.

"You should have not told them yet, at least not now." He said.

"Oh my gosh, does this means they already know?!" Bridgette exclaimed.

I nod, then looked at Geoff with a frown.

"Duncan, dude-"

"Where's Courtney?!" A running Heather shouted as she headed towards their direction.

"And since when did you care about her?" Bridgette rolled her eyes.

"I do! I've always had. We didn't start out well, but ended well. We're friends, she helped me! More than what I deserve, and you don't know that! So shut up, because not all best friends knows everything about their best friends, not even you, Bridgette!" Heather spat at Bridgette's face.

"Whoa..." I whispered to myself.

Geoff pushed Heather away from Bridgette, but not that hard. But I quickly held Heather's shoulders, in case she falls out of balance.

"Okay, Heather, I think that's too much." Geoff glared at her.

"Too much? Ask your girlfriend, then." She rolled her eyes and faced me.

"Thanks, but where's Courtney? Room what?" She asked seriously.

"Emergency room." I replied, trying to calm myself since I know she'll be shocked.

"Oh, my gosh! This is all your fault!" She exclaimed before walking to the nearest chair and sat there.

"Geez, as if she doesn't make mistakes." Bridgette glared at her.

"Bridgette, sometimes, even if people get on your nerves, learn how to at least adjust a bit." Geoff looked at her, then she narrowed her eyes.

"Fine." Then she started walking away.

"Where are you going?" Geoff asked.

"Comfort room, be back." She said, obviously lying.

"A lie." I murmured, so Geoff wouldn't hear.

"I know." Then he sat next to Heather, waiting.

I was shocked, then snapped out of it. It's not of a big deal, anyways. Then the others started coming.

"Dude, it's not your fault." Trent patted my shoulder and passed by me.

"He is right, don't blame yourself." Gwen was about to hug me, but I stepped back a little.

"I... I'm sorry." She muttered before passing by me slowly.

It's pretty obvious, Gwen likes me. She's been seducing me, flirting me, tempting me, and hell! It started when she first saw me, but I'm not the only one, she's been doing that to Alejandro and Trent, too. But somehow, she didn't bother about Alejandro anymore, knowing him better and also the fact that the guy likes Heather. Everyone knows I don't just like Courtney, I love her! I just don't get it, Gwen can be someone to admire, but... I have to admit, she's a slut. She has a boyfriend, yet trying to get to me. It's just- the fuck, I hate sluts. And for a slut, she sure is a bitchy one.

"Dude, always be careful. But don't blame yourself, accidents happen anytime, they say." Dj smiled at me, and I smiled back with a weak one as he passes me by.

"I just hope she hangs in there." Alejandro said carelessly, passing by me like I'm air.

I'm so sorry, Courtney... Please, hang in there.

"I am pretty sure that you are sir Duncan, am I right?" I looked at the person to see a doctor.

"Yes, how is she?" I asked, hoping.

"She's... She's..." She frowned at me, then at every one, then back at me.

"Please, go inside and lock the door." She said.

"What?! I'm her best friend!!" Bridgette exclaimed.

"Why can't we go in?!" Heather asked.

"What happened?!" Geoff exclaimed.

"Hope she dies..." I heard Gwen murmured.

The doctor was shocked, she looked at her and Gwen just rolled her eyes.

"Ouch!" Gwen exclaimed, teary-eyed.

"Good for you." Alejandro laughed.

The doctor left, everyone was laughing.

"That's what a bitchy slut gets. Nice hit, Trent." I smirked before doing what the doctor told me to.

Trent hit Gwen at her arm, I can say that really hurt.

"Courtney..." I ran up to her, trying to wake her up.

"You're not moving..." I whispered to myself as my eyes are wide.

"No!" I kept on shaking her, then ended up hugging her.

You can't be dead, please, wake up...

"Wake the hell up, Courtney!" I screamed as tears started to leave my eyes as I buried my face on her body.

"I love you so much! I'm sorry! Please!" I broke down.

This can't be true...