Guard Down

Duncan's POV

Courtney... She's really hurt. We're like five minutes hugging at her front door before she lets go, stopping herself from crying. She's about to wipe her tears away but I did it for her.

"Calm down, tell me what's wrong..." I said carefully, trying to calm her down.

"It's- It's nothing." She forced a small smile at me.

"That's not fair." I said as I went inside her house and closed the door.

"Wow, go ahead and feel at home." She said sarcastically, yet pain in her voice.

"I gave you a chest to cry on, and I think I deserve an explanation for that." I said while letting my butt fall on the sofa, smirking at her.

"You know what, Duncan? We can just forget about it, like it never happened." She said with a sweet smile.

"Like I would." I said.

"Whatever, what do you want?" She suddenly asked.

"You." I said, turning serious.

I'm really serious, I want her. Even if she turned me down last night? Hell, that won't stop me! I've never felt this way before towards a girl, and I'll definitely won't let this one go. I love her.

"D-duncan, let's stop with the games. Okay?" She asked, looking nervous.

"I'm not trying to play games with you, Courtney." I said, looking sharply into her eyes.

"I just said 'stop', Duncan." She answered back with a glare.

"If you want me to stop playing games, then there's no need to. Because I'm not playing games with you, I'm dead serious!" I told her as I stood up.

"I...- Ugh! Will you just stop?" She said, her voice breaking. She's trying not to cry again.

"Look, if you don't like me, then tell me. Don't leave me hanging here, Courtney. You have no idea how it hurts..." I said, looking down at the floor.

"I know you hate me, but what can I do? I'm... I'm in love with you." I said.

"L-let's stop the act... I'm done." She said, stepping back a little, making me look at her.

"The reason why I cried a while ago, is you. Now I'm crying again, it's it because of you again. It's all because of you!" She said, sobbing.

What?! Isn't everything I did enough?! I know I'm this so called famous player in town, but what the hell?! I've changed!

"That's it." I said as I headed towards her direction, she started stepping back.

"W-what are you doing?" She asked nervously.

I just continued walking towards her until she hits the wall. Dead end, princess.

"Don't go near me!" She ordered.

"Too late." I said while lifting her up and carried her on my shoulder while heading in her room.

"Put me down! Put me down!" She struggled.

"Doors closed, windows closed, scream all you can." I said with a smirk.

"Oh, my gosh! Duncan, don't you dare!" She exclaimed.

I opened the door of her room, came in and closed it. I laid her on the bed and got on top of her.

"What the heck?!" She shouted.

She won't stop struggling, so I locked her hands up with mine and everything. I'm sure you know what position is this.

"I know you love me." I said with a smirk.

"And you yourself know that, too." I leaned closer to her.

"You can't resist me forever, princess." I whispered.

"Just admit it, you don't love me! You just want me to be your toy-"

"Fuck it, Courtney! Haven't you notice a single thing about how I changed because of you?" I said, trying to calm myself.

Courtney's POV

Fuck it, Courtney! Haven't you notice a single thing about how I changed because of you?

I thought about it and everything... He did changed. But is it really because of me?

"See?" He said, leaning closer.

He kissed me gently, and I can't help but kiss back. It's not fast, no tongue and all. It's just a kiss that letting everything flow... And it tasted real good.

"I... I love you." He said after the kiss, then looked away and...

"Oh, my gosh!" I exclaimed with a big smile.

"What?" He looked at me.

"You're actually blushing!" I said while giggling.

"And you like it." He answered with a smirk.

Okay, I could feel my cheeks getting red, too.

"You're cute when you're blushing." He said with a smirk.

"I... Ahhh..." Duncan, stop teasing me!

"That's weird, you're enjoying this more than I do. Guard down?" He teased some more.

I snapped out of it. He's right! I... I actually enjoyed it, I let my guard down. I was about to stop when he...

He kissed me again, and this time... It's a deeper one.