Misunderstandings

Bridgette's POV

Everyone is already here, except for the two lovers that are Duncan and my best friend, Courtney. Hmmm, Courtney? She's the type of person that would even come advance! I wonder what they did?

"You know, Duncan and Courtney might be having a little 'fun' time. Don't you all think about the same thought?" Dj asked the group.

We're at the dining table, but not eating yet. We're waiting for the two, and they've been late for half an hour already.

"You got that right." Geoff agreed, laughing a bit.

"Perverts." Heather said as she rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, right." Gwen said, sounding a little pissed.

"And what's your problem?" I asked, glaring at her.

I honestly don't like this girl, she's a two in one piece of shit. First, a bitch. Second, one filthy slut!

"Come one, guys! They don't even look like a couple- they are not meant to be. They don't look good together, they-"

"Shut up, Gwen. Duncan will never like you, because he 'loves' Courtney." I told her confidently with my evil smile.

"Will you two just cut it out? And for the record, Gwen is dating me." Trent said, glaring at me.

"More like actually using you, Trent!" I glared back, my voice raising a bit.

I snapped out of this shit, it's not even worth my time. I should go outside and call Courtney than continue this so-called conversation with them.

"Ugh! I'll just go outside and check on Courtney. I could use some fresh air, anyways." I said, standing up and leaving them alone with the awkward and silent tension.

Duncan's POV

I've been waiting for half an hour already, and not even a single one of them is informing me anything yet! I really don't know what to do, I'm just praying right now for Courtney to be okay...

Flashback

"Hold tight, princess." I said as I made sure she was in her position and we're ready to go.

"Do I have to?" She asked with a poker face, I can see it because I'm looking back at her.

"You don't want to?" I asked back.

"Never mind." She said, holding on to me but not that tight.

"At least that's better than saying yes." I said, smirking at her before starting my motorcycle and making it go real fast.

"Ahhh!" She screamed, holding on to me real tight.

I looked at her, trying to hide my smirk and giving her a questioning look.

"I... Ahhh..." She started turning red, and I laughed a little.

"Never mind, huh?" I then smirked and she glared at me.

As I faced the road...

"Holy shit!" I exclaimed, my eyes widening.

"Duncaaannn!" Courtney cried as we noticed that there's a truck heading towards us, making her bury her face on my back.

I quickly turned my motorcycle. I thought it was done, but no.

"What the fuck?!" I exclaimed again with my eyes wide open.

A bus is going to hit us, I quickly turned the motorcycle again but this time, there's no turning.

"Oh my gosh!" A kid looking like a ten-year-old screamed and cover her face.

I stopped as soon as I could.

"That was close." I said, relieved.

The little girl ran away, leaving me and Courtney in this road alone- well, that was we thought. Until we heard a sound of a vehicle, sounding really fast and it's getting louder and louder. As we both looked back...

"Ahhh!"

"Courtney!"

As a van hit Courtney, it felt like a knife had hit my heart, too.

The van stopped, but it's too late. Courtney is already bloody, and I carried her bridal style. The van started dialing numbers, saying he'll call for help.

"Fuck! Hurry up!" I shouted and he looked at me with fear in his eyes, yet still manages to nod.

After about a couple of minutes, an ambulance came and I hurried Courtney inside it. Not minding the nurses and all.

End of Flashback

"I messed up, big time... Again." I muttered as I'm still trying to fight back the tears, ever since Courtney was hurt in the accident.

"This is all my fault..." I said, punching the wall as hard as I could. Patients, nurses, doctors and the other people here that saw and heard it was terrified. I sighed as I let myself fall on the nearest chair.

"I screwed up." I said, almost whispering it to myself.

The emergency room's opened slightly, making me look up real quick.

"Is she okay?!" I asked.

"Calm down, sir-"

"Don't tell me what to do and tell me, is she okay?!" I asked again, my voice raising up as I stand up while facing the nurse.

"W-we're still checking her and c-cleaning her wounds and all, I was just a-about to give you her phone because it's b-been ringing." She tried finishing her sentence as fast as she could, handing me a phone.

As soon as I got the phone, she speed walk all the way back in the emergency room.

"Stupid nurse." I muttered, but then her phone started ringing.

Who could this be?