【Chapter 01】

<<CHAPTER 1>>

It was a week before the school year in Hope's Peak Academy starts.

And boy, was Kokichi nervous. Himiko came by, tried helping by doing her magic tricks as usual, but in this case, that didn't help. Maki didn't even try halfway when Kokichi called her and she instead said "I'm busy. Go find a twig to vent to." and hung up.

That didn't affect Kokichi when she 'insulted' him through the phone. Himiko gave Kokichi another stress reliever: sugary grape soda, or aka, panta, as he would like to call it. Helped a lot, but it couldn't get the last bit of stress out of him.

"At least you're feeling better, nyeh."

"Yeah. 'Feeling better.' How about, feeling dead inside?"

"What are you, that one vine video where a person sings that one song?"

Kokichi dramatically sang the song and they both laughed for a bit. He slowly frowned again. Himiko sighed. "Nyeh, you're really difficult... I can't even make you smile..."

"Well, I can say that I am happy you're attending the same school as me!" He said with a forced smile. "And I don't really care about Maki attending, but I guess I can say the same for her, too."

Silence.

"I... have to go. Sorry, nyeh."

"Lazy magician you are!" Kokichi told back as Himiko left the household. He couldn't exactly argue, she is a lazy person, but she also doesn't know how to help Kokichi get through the stress. He is difficult to understand, too.

He went up to his room and shut himself in. He grabbed his phone and started texting Maki.

You

Sup, Maki-roll

———————————

Pretty soon he got a reply. A usual reply.

———————————

Sushi Assassin

What do you want.

I'm busy.

And don't call me that.

You

Ur replies, and no promises

Sushi Assassin

Whatever. Are you feeling good now?

You

ig but I'm still nervous

Sushi Assassin

Don't feel like helping a stressed out grape.

I just killed a person today.

... Are you by any chance still missing him?

———————————

Kokichi didn't reply for a minute, and just as he knew Maki was going to leave, he immediately wrote an answer back.

———————————

You

Kinda. Still don't want to talk to him though.

Sushi Assassin

All because he didn't text you back?

What if he's dead?