Flightless

You already felt out of place when it was just humans flying around, but when the monsters came... Stars you were so out of place. Everyone, everyone flew on their powerful strong wings and you... you couldn't. It's not that you weren't able too. You had strong [W/C] (Wing color) wings that you're sure could carry you through the air with easy, but... you were too scared to try. You hated the thought of leaving the ground. You froze up everytime you so much as looked out a second story window, you were certain that you would freeze and plummet if you attempted flight. So you stayed on the ground, traveling on foot to get from place to place. After all, who needed cars or bikes if you could fly?

🪶🪶🪶

You were on your way to a banquet. It was the mayor's idea to hold a banquet for the monsters return to the surface. Naturally it was at a penthouse on the TALLEST BUILDING IN THE CITY but you wanted to show your support. As long as you didn't look down, it wouldn't be all that bad. Hopefully. The walk itself was about an hour from your place, but you didn't mind. Your feathers ruffled with excitement. You were rather excited to meet monsters, it was going to be interesting, learning about them. How they lived so long in 'The Nest' without much to work with, how they got around, why they decided to stay a monarchy. Really just a bunch of questions you were curious about. When you did make it inside, you took the stairs up, because cardio why not, and into the place you'd been waiting to be. The penthouse was nice and modern, exactly what you'd expect from a place like this. There was food set out for humans and monsters alike and the doors were wide open for everyone to go out on the roof and fly around. Nope, you were sticking to the food bar. You got yourself a plate and gathered some of your favorites along with some new stuff to try because it was always good to expand your palate. You enjoyed yourself near a sleeping Skeleton with black wings. Tempted as you were, you decided not to wake him up to ask your questions.

🪶🪶🪶

"Oh hey it's Flightless!" You cringed at the nickname you were given by the people of Ebbot. In a city this big, nobody wasn't supposed to know everybody... but EVERYONE knew you. You were the only one in the city that didn't fly, of course they all knew you. "H-hey guys.." You stammered out, giving a small and hesitant wave. "Gonna go flying today, Flightless, oh wait- we all know the answer to that!" They all laughed good-naturedly, but you found it anything but funny. Your wings wrapped around you in a poor excuse of self protection. "hey, i think i hear someone a calling, they said they want their pride back." The Skeleton spoke up suddenly, startling you all. "What does that mean?" The human asked in confusion. "it means leave the girl alone and get. shoo." They were less than impressed, but went off flying. "so 'flightless', what's your real name?" You blinked at the Skeleton. "Uh, [Y/N]... [Y/N] [L/N].." He nodded. "nice ta meecha [Y/N]. i'm sans. why don't you fly, if i may ask? your wings look quite strong."
"Oh well... I can fly... I think.... I'm just.." Sans tilted his head as you took a glance out the window. "I'm scared." Sans grinned. "i know someone that can help you."