An Egg

You and Papyrus and the others stared at the big, football sized egg before you. "[Y/N]... IS THAT REALLY..." You nodded making Papyrus flush. "No way! You seriously laid an egg?!" Undyne gawked, making you back up shaking your head vigorously. "It's not our egg! We haven't even- ugh! Never mind!" You squeaked, hiding your face in your hands. "I found it outside on my way here. I don't know what parent would just leave their egg, but I couldn't just leave it there!" Undyne looked a bit disappointed, Alphys too. "I will call the authorities to come take the egg, we certainly cannot leave it. You did the right thing [Y/N]." Toriel stepped into another room to do just that. "huh. maybe you two should watch it for the day. it might be a good experience if you ever do want kids." Sans suggested while the girls gave mischievous grins and dashed away. Sans poofed from existence leaving you both with the egg. "... What now..?" You asked as you both looked at the egg. "TAKE CARE OF IT, I GUESS." He sighed, carefully lifting the egg into his arms. "I'll.. make it a nest I guess."

🪶🪶🪶

The egg was brought to Papyrus room where you had build a small nest of pillows and blankets for it. Papyrus put it down on a pillow, pushing the blankets a bit closer to keep it warm. "Uh, now what?" Papyrus shrugged. "CAN'T REALLY DO MUCH WITH AN EGG." He admitted. With a sigh, you sat next to it. Papyrus joined you on the bed. "SO... WHEN SHOULD OUR NEXT MOST WONDERFUL DATE BE? I ENJOYED FLYING WITH YOU YESTERDAY!" You shrugged and grinned. "Oh was that what that was?" You mused, making Papyrus freeze. "W-well... it was just you and I having fun, so yes?" You snickered, leaning into him. "Ok, so our first and second dates were flying, the third should definitely be different. Maybe dinner?" Papyrus quirked a confused bonebrow. "First and second?"
"Well, if you're counting times we've flown alone, I'm counting the night you went to the hospital too. It ended terribly, but we did have fun beforehand."
"Nyeh, you're right. We did." Papyrus agreed.

🪶🪶🪶

After a while you found yourself shifting positions so that you could turn the egg. "What are you doing?" Papyrus asked in confusion. "He needs to be turned every so often so he doesn't stick to the shell wall." You replied. Some was nagging at you from the back of your mind telling you this. "HE?" You shrugged. "Just a hunch." You replied quickly. Papyrus hummed thoughtfully, but didn't pursue it further. "Papyrus, [Y/N], someone has come to collect the egg." Toriel poked her head in. "M'k, I've got him." She blinked as if startled as you picked up the egg. "My... I wasn't aware your material instinct was so strong.."
"Wait my what?" Toriel merely giggled as you followed Toriel back to a man with a incubation chamber for the egg. "I've got it from here, ma'am. Thank you for rescuing this little one, it could've gotten bad for it."
"Of course... take good care of him?" You requested. "... he's in safe hands now." The man replied. "If he ends up in foster care or adoption, there's always a chance you could get him again, if you wanted." He suggested. That actually sounded... very tempting to you. Something you would most certainly talk to Papyrus about in the near future. You all bid the CPS man and the egg goodbye as they left.

The rest, I'll leave to you. Do you want the little guy or is it to early? This shoutout shall go to business_goose who has this interesting Stars Sanses x reader x Bad Sanses book going! Best part? It's an interactive! Stars I love interactive stories- you should go check them out! Have a great morning/afternoon/night!

-Kyran