Chapter 19

HELLO LOVELIES! It has been oh so long since I've updated and I'm so sorry about that. I graduated from college and now just need an internship to finally be done. I'll still be a little busy, but not as busy as I was before.

Here is chapter 19 finally. Excuse any grammatical errors and enjoy!

-Simone

"Ash."

"What?"

"You taking a shit? You've been in the bathroom for over twenty minutes."

What was I doing?

Wrapping Levi's birthday gifts.

Well one of them. They're both going into the same large bag that I found yesterday along with some tissue paper.

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "No Levi."

"What are you doing?" He asked again.

"Do you have to use the bathroom?"

"No."

"Do you need to shower?"

"I showered this morning-"

"So then don't be worried about what I'm doing. I'll be out soon and then we can go down to the lobby and meet the others so we can go to the zoo."

I heard Levi grunt and mumble to himself as I heard his footsteps move away from the door.
After a few more minutes I was done wrapping. I placed the gifts into a bag and hid the present in the cabinet under the sink, making sure to cover it up with a few more extra towels.

This was the first gift I've gotten Levi since we've known each other. I feel like a horrible friend for never asking when his birthday was, but he didn't seem like he wanted to talk about it. Plus if he wanted to tell me, he would've.

I fixed my low ponytail in the mirror and gave my outfit another glance, making sure I look okay in my white washed denim shorts and yellow sleeveless top. My phone buzzed on the counter to see a text from Hanji, who gave me her number yesterday.

Hanji:
We're all down in the lobby!

"Levi are you ready?" I asked opening the bathroom door to see him sitting on the bed dressed in dark pants and a short sleeve black shirt, somewhat hunched over. "Come on they're waiting for us. Hanji just texted me."

He let out a breath as if he was gathering himself. "I'm coming."

I watched him slowly stand up, holding onto the bed for support. Had I not known him for as long as I have I wouldn't have noticed something was off. Levi thought he could fool me, but I know better.

"What's wrong?" I asked walking over to him.

"Nothing. I'm fine," Levi brushed me off and tried to walk as he winced slightly, gritting his teeth from the pain.

I squinted at him. "No, you're not."

"Yes, I am," he protested.

I poked his shoulder with a little force and he lost his balance, falling over easily onto the bed again as he sat there.

"Levi you are not fine," I said as I put my hands on my hips. "Any other time I do that you don't move so what's going on?"

Levi looked down into his lap, avoiding eye contact with me.

"My leg," he said softly.

I immediately left Levi sitting on the bed and walked across the hall to his mom's room and gently knocked. A few moments later Kuchel opened the door with a smile. Her long black hair was in a side ponytail as she wore a white shirt and tropical skirt that stopped at her feet.