Chapter 32

Excuse any grammatical errors :)

- Simone

Ash stood near the kitchen and watched Levi with his back to her, eating breakfast while working on his laptop. She was confused seeing as he was supposed to go to work today, but she wasn't going to complain.

They had confessed their feelings to each other about a week ago and were still on a high from it. They were in the 'honeymoon' phase of the relationship as people call it. Everything seems perfect and is going that way.

She moved quietly, taking small steps toward him, hoping she could get to Levi without being detected.

"What do you want?"

Ash smacked her lips. "How'd you even know I was there? I was super quiet." Walking up to Levi normally, she snaked her arms around his shoulders and placed her cheek on the top of his head.

"Good morning."

He stiffened momentarily at the contact but ultimately welcomed it.

"Morning," he mumbled back not taking his eyes off his laptop.

"Did you sleep okay?"

"Yeah." Levi rolled his chair out from under the table a little bit as he turned toward her.

"That's good," Ash pecked his lips a few times. "Mind if I sit?"

He looked at her confused. "Why are you asking me to sit? There are plenty of options for seats."

She only giggled and stood up straight, placing her hands behind her as she looked down at him. "I meant sit on your lap."

Levi's cheeks immediately turned red, his eyes widened slightly. He cleared his throat and looked away from her. "If that's what you want."

Ash continued to smile at the fact that he was trying to hide his shyness with irritation even though he wasn't genuinely irritated with her for asking such a thing. If anything he was happy.

She took a seat on his lap with her body sideways and her legs resting over the arms of his wheelchair while one of her arms rested on the back of it. Once she was settled she asked, "Do you have any plans for today?"

Levi shook his head. "No. I cleared my schedule and told my mom to handle the shop for me."

"How come?"

He looked away from her, his cheeks and ears still red as he rubbed her thigh with his thumb. "I wanted... to spend the day with you."

Ash smiled, moved her hands around his neck, and started running her fingers along his undercut. "I had the same idea."

Levi sighed in contentment as he looked at her with half-lidded eyes. "Yeah?"

"Yes. I wanted to take you somewhere."

He nodded, but then thought that Ash should've been in her class by now. "Don't you have class?"

"It was an optional lecture and optional means not attending," she said with a laugh.

Levi huffed a laugh himself and looked at his girlfriend. "Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise," Levi went to interrupt, but Ash continued talking and held a finger to his lips until she finished, "I know you don't like surprises, so I can tell you that you will for sure like this surprise."