~Believe~

Thursday
September 1, 2016
9:45 AM
~~~~~

"Good morning White Wolf." Ayo says greeting the man, as she takes a seat next to him at Shuri's desk.

"Morning..." Bucky replies not wanting to look Ayo in the eye.

"How are you feeling this morning?" Ayo asks. As Ayo awaited a response, Bucky continued to stare down at his flesh hand that had been bruised and covered in scratches.

"It's okay, take your time..." Ayo said gently placing a hand on his shoulder.

As Bucky continued to stare down at his hand, he couldn't help but think of the events that occurred the previous night.

~~~Flashback~~~

Tonight was the night trial run 3 was going to commence. This was supposed to be the trial run that determined whether or not Bucky would finally be free.

After months of having Shuri reconstruct his brain Bucky hoped he would finally see the miracle he had been longing for.

Similarly to the previous trial runs, Bucky had been surrounded by Shuri, Ayo, and Moses, the Wakandan doctor who always stood with the tranquilizer in hand. He sighed heavily as he made eye contact with the three of them worried for what might come next.

"Are you ready White wolf?" Ayo says to the man stepping forward.

"Y-Yes." Bucky replies.

"Third time will be a charm." Shuri chimes in, stepping forward. "Everything is going to be okay, no matter what happens, we will still be here to help you. Never forget that."

"Thank you Shuri." Bucky replied as Shuri took a step back.

"Let Trial number three begin." Ayo says taking out a sheet of paper with all of Bucky's trigger words written on it.

"zhelaniye(Longing)..."

"Rzhavyy(Rusted)..."

"semnadtsat(Seventeen)..."

Rassvet(Daybreak)"

"Pech'(Furnace)"

"devyat'(Nine)"

"dobrokachestvennyy(Benign)..."

"Ayo please...S-Stop..." Bucky said beginning to feel his mind transform.

Unfortunately for Bucky, even if he and Ayo knew he was going to turn, Ayo had to continue rattling off the triggers seeing as it helped Shuri to know how long his brain could handle hearing the trigger phrases before he turned into the winter soldier.

Bucky's hand began trembling and he was getting angrier.

"STOP!" Bucky yelled a little bit louder raising his voice. For the first time Bucky was able to make it past 'Rusted' and normally he wasn't even able to make it past that word.