twelve.

as the day goes by, the ceo's orders to his secretary are increasing and it was worse than before.

donghyuck can still remember how mark used to treat him nicely when they were at work, even when he had his meet-ups or letting him borrow his button-up, and of course, he can't forget about the secret that mark had told him that one night. those events made donghyuck assume there isn't any problem between them.

but maybe he was just overthinking things.

brushing those thoughts off, he finally made his way to the front of the ceo's office and was about to open the door when he heard a faint noise from the other side. sneakily peeking at the small and skinny window, he found that the older was standing not too close to the door while talking to someone on the phone.

the superior's voice was too loud that he can hear it from his position.

donghyuck remained standing outside his office until he can't hear him from the other side. the younger waited a little more before lightly knocking at the door.

when he received a small 'come in' he went in and he saw how the older's hair was all disheveled—seems like something is stressing him. walking closely at the latter's table, donghyuck saw the sight of the older loosening his tie as he brushed his fingers through his hair.

he looked away in panic. something about the small act made him feel something he can't explain.

clearing his throat, which caught the older's attention, he finally looked at his secretary, "the product that mr. park is doing," he started, and donghyuck didn't fail to notice how strained his voice is, "i need to see the details by the end of the day." 

"noted, mr. lee." donghyuck manages to reply.

bowing, he turned his heel around and walked out of the office. once he heard the door click, he released a groan before resting his hands on his hips.

"that wasn't even my job to do?" he said to himself in annoyance, knowing how mr. park himself has to show the product to their ceo yet he has no plans to complain when he looked at the time on his wristwatch.

six pm. hopefully, he has enough time to gather all of the product's details.

walking straight back to his table, he immediately dialed mr. park's number, which he got on the folder he separated to them at the meeting, to ask him specifically about the product he presented.

donghyuck managed to find out that jihoon was working on the floor just under that them, so he told him to just email it to him.

while the tanned male was busy stressing on his table, two pairs of eyes are yet staring at him from afar.

doyoung pouts as he observes the younger's actions, "i finally get what you're saying." he whispers at the older in front of that's also staring at donghyuck.

for the past few days, the two, doyoung and johnny, have been observing both their ceo and secretary. they've been noticing how donghyuck has been walking back and forth to mark's office and back to his table, and by now, donghyuck's probably piled up with work to do.