ꨄ︎ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 37... 𝐅𝐚𝐤𝐞 ꨄ︎

My plan is to control fire, burn this worm thingy, and then probably the man if he tries killing me himself. So, that means I might be committing murder, or should it be called self defense??

. . .

     There was fire, from the four chandeliers in the library. I tried doing as we practiced in water training, but this was a completely different feeling.

     As I was trying to control the fire from above, all I could feel was the sudden rise in my temperature. I felt as if I was in 90 F weather, and I tried working harder.

    I glanced at the old man for a second, and saw he was bored, grabbing a nearby book from the bookshelf. Thats when I felt as if I was really dehydrated.

      Although i felt thristy, I pushed harder than before, and thats when instead of being able to control fire, I put the goddamn thing out. So that meant the room was completely dark.

      I swallowed my now dry mouth, and  I could only hear the sounds of the man. I only heard mumbles, and I heard the sticky, wet skin of the worm thing.

       "Just as I was enjoying my book... why did you remove the lights?"

        "Sorry... I made a mistake, I just can't seem to control my power properly, so why not head out?" I tried pulling that simple tactic, maybe if we left this library i could use this as a chance and run.

          "No, I've been patient enough. Even if your not Esmeray's daughter, I can't have you telling everyone that you've seen Danca. Everyone would be on my tail, trying to win a reward."

         "Huh..?? Who's Danca, I- I mean yeah I know who danca is."

          The old man laughed, "you don't know who danca is? Let me tell you young lady, I danca has been in his cell for over 40 years because of a failed assination attempt I did to Esmeray."

         "Why are you do aganist Esmeray?" I questioned, maybe I can learn a bit more about him.

         "Ha! Well, Esmeray killed my entire family because we refused to give him the land he has now. If we were to give him the land, then we'll go bankrupt. Esmeray came and killed all of us, besides me. He thought I was dead. So I'm on a quest to slowly take my revenge on him."

         The fuck?? Dad, literally killed a family? For what land? Is that why everyone fears him? Because he destroyed lives? The dad I always trusted, was he really like this?

         I now pondered, should I help him with revenge? No no, what if that wasn't the only reason. Maybe the family did something to deserve it. I decided to ask him another question.

        "So... did Esmeray destory anyone else's life?"

         "Oh yeah, hundreds even thousands of them. He killed the previous mokke leader because the mokke leader refused to lend him help. Not only that, but Madam Haki, she was once a princess, but then when she was getting crown of the very castle Esmeray now owns, Esmeray came in and took away the crown, making him king himself. He still threatens her, and he keeps her siblings hostage."

          Nope I'm wrong. The loving picture of my family i always seemed have in my brain shattered into pieces. The best part of my life, that I love was fake.

         I took into no hesitation. Heck, I didn't even care if it was fake. Its just the fact that dad ruined life's.

        I sighed, "please don't be mad at me."

       The man scoffed, "That your (y/n)? I knew that it was you, your a horrible liar. But, it seems you didn't know of your fathers crimes didn't you."

     I shook my head, and I bursted into tears. Its just the sudden information, that I'm overwhelmed and stressed

     "Alright then, (y/n)... why don't we work together? Help me get that revenge, not for me, but for others."

     It was still dark, and so was this. The only option. Either way, I was going to help this man.

    "I help you. Just tell me everything about my dad."

     The light around the room brighten. The man gave me a caring smile and gave me a gentle hug.

      "Alright then, I'll tell you that, after we learn how to control that power if yours. Please call me Harper."

      "But Harper...? Am I going back to the castle? What am I going to say?"

      "You are going back to the castle. Just say you got lost. And don't worry this is going to be the beginning of our plan. Ill see you soon with a suprise at midnight."

      He whistled, and the illusion around me disappeared. I looked back to where harper was standing, and it seemed in disappeared.

      The library where I was, was now a area where soft grass laid. I took off my shoes and felt my feet aganist the dark green grass.

      I looked up at the nice sunset. I stayed there until the moon showed itself. That was when someone found me. They were covered in sweat, and seemed relieved they found me.

    "Young lady! Stop going missing, its been the entire day since you've disappeared!"

     "Can I sleep outside, I like the nice cool air."

     "No you cannot. Its far too dangerous."

      I let out a small huff, before following the servant to eat dinner, and receiving a huge scolding from dad. After that, I jumped into bed, deciding to sleep in the clothing I was wearing the entire day.

     Dad, I have no idea why you did this, but I'll get other people revenge. No apology is big enough for the sin you've caused.

᪥ ᪥ ᪥

𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒈𝒖𝒚𝒔, 𝒊𝒎 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒚 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒑𝒐𝒊𝒍 𝒐𝒓 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒈𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒅. 𝒊 𝒂𝒎 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒐𝒍𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎.

𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒙𝒕, 𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒆𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒂 𝒏𝒆𝒈𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒔𝒂𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒐𝒉 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒐𝒃𝒗𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚/𝒏 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒈𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒕. 𝒐𝒇 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆 𝒊𝒕𝒔 𝒔𝒖𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒐𝒃𝒗𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔, 𝒊 𝒈𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒃𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒉 𝒐𝒇 𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒐𝒌, 𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒅𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒕.