Coming Out

Perrie was nervous. Why the hell was she so nervous? God, it was only Leigh, Jesy, and Jade, it shouldn't have been this hard. But it was. What she was about to say was going to change her life forever and that was terrifying.

    It didn't help that you were being supportive. Letting her know that if she wasn't ready there was never any rush, she was to move at her own pace. You wouldn't accept anything else and that was making her even more nervous. Because there you were, laughing and goofing off with Perrie's best friends. The very friends she could be about to lose.

    Perrie knew how much they supported the LGBTQ+ community but being supportive of strangers was a lot different than being supportive of a sister. Or someone they loved. It'd change their entire perception of her. Perrie knew that, she knew your story and how hard you had worked to work up the courage to come out, only to be shot down and pushed back into the closet where you were forced to hide. And Perrie didn't want that to be her life. She wanted happiness, and love, and you.

    Jade's voice rang out in Perrie's ears, knocking her away from her thoughts and shifting it towards you and the other girls. "Come on! We're just about to play a truth or dare." The little Arabic girl smiled.

    Perrie couldn't help the smile pressing its way into her lips. "What are ya? Twelve?" She taunted, making her way over to sit between you and Jade.

    Leigh-Anne and Jesy smiled brightly at their best friend before nudging your shoulder with a giggle. "Alright there Pez?" Jesy asked when Perrie's smile faded at what just happened.

Perrie shook her head. "Actually, I want'd to talk to ya girls 'bout somethin'."

    They each straightened up, waiting for Perrie to continue, but Perrie made no such move. So, you decided to leave them to themselves, hoping that the lack of your presence would help Perrie do what she needed to without the added pressure.

    Once you were out of sight, Perrie release a sigh of relief and turned her attention back to the three girls before her. "I met someone." The blonde girl said slowly. "Someone that I really, really like."

    Leigh-Anne gasped in surprise and got up to give Perrie a hug. "Oh my God, Pez! I'm so happy for you!"

    But Perrie held up her hand, signaling for Leigh-Anne to wait. "But there's somethin' else. This person I met, they're not what you think they are."

    "Oh God Pez," Jesy huffed playfully. "Please tell my that you are not datin' a serial killer."

    Perrie rolled her eyes at the round of laughter that echoed from the girls, her nerves only growing by the second and Jade seemed to sense this and quickly changed the subject with a joke of her own. "At least tell us he's hot."

    "That's the thing." Perrie breathed as she ducked her head. Suddenly everyone was quiet, listening closely for what Perrie was going to say next. "He's not a He at all." She choked out, tears swelling in her eyes as she finally admitted to what had been burdening her for weeks.

    "Pez," Jesy whispered, earning the tear-stricken gaze of the blonde. "Are you coming out to us?"

    Perrie could only nod before bursting into tears. The three other girls were quick to embrace her. "We are so proud of you Pez." Leigh-Anne whispered and Perrie let out a laugh of relief as the girls pulled her impossibly closer.

    That night during their show, they all decided to change the pronouns in their songs, dancing around with pride flags all night long.