2-Dayesha

Dedicated to Toyeebah_ for the beautiful cover

CHAPTER 2

My name is Dayesha, and even though some people call me by my middle name which is Ameerah,some shortened 'Dayesha',and referred to me as 'Esha' instead. An example of people who call me Esha is Aunt Rahmah's second daughter; Zainab.

"Esha, how are you?" She hugs me.

"I'm good. Where's Aunt?" I walked into the house ahead of her.

" She's in her room, follow me".

She pulled at the China door of Aunt Rahmah's room. I entered the room and gasps inaudible at the weak frame of Aunt Rahmah. She looked a lot thinner than the last time I had seen her.

Her chest was rising and falling steadily. She was fast asleep. I said some duas and blow it over her.

I don't know much, but I know she has some serious issues with her former in-laws. Since Zainab's dad passed away last year, Aunt Rahmah had been facing some serious issues with her in-laws. Mum won't tell me much, but I know that it had to do with the inheritance he left behind.

Funny thing? It has already been shared according to Islamic rules, and yet, they kept on disturbing Aunt Rahmah and her kids.

"How's school?" I asked Zainab as we exit the room. She huffed dramatically and plopped down on her bed. I sat down on the couch in her room and pulled off my hijab.

"Those lecturers want to kill me before my time," she whined.

I chuckled. "You're just lazy".

"I'm not lazy. You just have more IQ than I do," she pouts.

I rolled my eyes at her. My phone vibrated yet again.

"When is Zoya coming back home?" I asked.
Zoya is Zainab's elder sister and the first daughter of Aunt Rahmah. She's in her fourth year at a private university studying Law.

Both Zainab and I go to federal universities which were currently under strike. The strike was said to last two weeks or until the federal government settled the academic staff union of universities.

"She's writing her semester exams and should be through with it in two weeks," she replied.

"That's fast,"
I unlocked my phone and logged in to the 'blue app' which I had been receiving messages from a certain unknown guy. Ilyas... not bad.

Ilyas: so the pretty girl with a pretty name, what do you do for a living?

Me: the unknown guy whose curiosity is getting weird, what do you think I do for a living?

Now, here's a catch. I like fast responses when I'm chatting with someone, most especially when it's from a guy. Though several guys I chat with are barely up to ten, there's just something about fast replies that makes me more interested.

Ilyas: you're a student who's currently under her parent's care.

Me: you sound confident in your response.
Ilyas: that's because I am confident. Are you though?

"Is that a new boyfriend?" Zainab asked.

I flashed her a lopsided grin. "I don't do boyfriends, Zainab. I've got no time for the drama that comes with it".

"If you say so," she hummed. I laughed at the face she was giving me.

"Have I ever told you that I love your facial expressions?" I winked.