10- Dayesha

CHAPTER 10

Guess what? The latest hot gist you probably haven't heard of.

I'm back in the mini hell hole under the disguise of a university.

Yes, and guess what's happening right now as I take big sips of my chilled Pepsi drink, a meat pie in my right hand?

A chick's fight!

Yeah, yeah. I know it doesn't sound as interesting as I made it seem at first. Yeah, and that's why I'm lying on my bed, eating a meat pie, and drinking my Pepsi while watching the mini-show.

I'm back to school, a week after the almighty Nigerian student's destiny delayer also known as ASUU decides to call off the strike.

Am I happy? Of course. I don't want to end up spending seven or eight years studying a supposedly five-years course. It is frustrating.

I'm eighteen, and in my second year. At twenty-one, I'll be graduating and at twenty-two, I'll be doing my NYSC service. At twenty-three, I'd be working in a highly profitable hospital. There, I'll meet the love of my life, and we'll get married the following year when I'd be twenty-four.

See? I have my life all planned out. And it would be that way, In Sha Allah, only if ASUU wouldn't be a setback.

'Na lie. When you dey do with my boyfriend for Uncle Tee?'

The voices of the girls increased by an octave. A slim lady was being held by the collar of her shirt by another lady who was chubby and would most likely weigh four times the weight of the former.

' na your boyfriend I follow, I no kill a person. Common your hand from my collar, Biko.' The slim girl yelled aggressively.

' this girl, I swear you go soon collect. Shey you don dey get mind now as your ninth don dey grow!'

The term 'nyansh' means butt in Nigerian pidgin English.

' you no fit do me anything. If you try rubbish, I go show you say na Lagos babe I will be.'

Interesting.
A heated argument because of a specimen with a stick between its legs.

The two girls stood right in the middle of the hostel. No one attempted to separate them or be a peace ambassador. It was a live show everyone always looked forward to.

In a fluid motion, the chubby girl who was the 'owner' of the boyfriend was on the floor, the side-chick girl; the slim girl right on top of her.

Wow. I didn't see that coming.

They were struggling against each other as they both fought for dominance in the fight. Someone whistled, encouraging the fight further while some group of girls were hailing the two fighters.

My phone vibrated against my bed. I flip the phone case over, revealing the caller's ID.

Wow, just wow.

"Hey, babe." The voice that was starting to become part of my dreams said in a gentle tone.

I facepalmed, trying hard to stop the grin which was beginning to spread on my face.

Clearing my throat, I spoke in a neutral voice. " Hey dear. How are you?"

" I'm fine, as long as you are," he said cheekily.

" That's cheeky," I laughed.

From the corner of my eye, I see Zainab approaching my bed space. Is it just me or does she targets me when I'm on the phone with Ilyas?