Swallow Bird in a Snow

Once upon a time, there was a girl who believed in fairy tales. She would often boast that she had finally found someone who would be her "happily ever after."

Yes, Yuyan believed that this world always had good in it. If ever the world let her down, she would recite her life motto: "If the universe takes away something good, it always comes around in greater value." She had never once in her life sworn to the Gods or to her faith.

But one thing about her set her apart and added an unexpected twist to her fairy tale. She wasn't attracted to any prince; she was attracted to princesses. A girl liking another girl was considered unconventional in the eyes of many, but eventually, they accepted her wholeheartedly.

During her first year of college, she found someone who made her heart skip a beat—a real-life princess with a doll-like figure. She managed to befriend her by taking the same subjects and pursuing the same career path. Yuyan had fallen madly in love with her.

"Dude, I'm telling you, confess, or you'll end up like Gaston, who only suffered because he was so full of himself," Zhao Xiaotang, Yuyan's best friend since middle school, advised."Look here, Yan. It has been two years since we entered college, and even Shuxin is getting suspicious of both of you. It's obvious that you guys have mutual feelings," she continued. Xiaotang, who also liked girls, was in a two-year relationship with the girl she mentioned.

Xiaotang and Shuxin had met during the first-year students' welcoming program. Unlike Yuyan, Xiaotang moved faster in her relationships. Yuyan sighed and gathered her thoughts before replying to her friend."You know what? You're right. There will be no progress if I don't make a move," Yuyan proclaimed and abruptly stood up from her seat, grabbing her backpack. "Wait, where are you going?" Xiaotang followed Yuyan's lead, hooking her bag on her shoulders.

"I'm going to confess!" Yuyan said enthusiastically, leaving her best friend dumbfounded by her sudden response. "Wait, wait! Are you out of your mind? Are you confessing without anything in your hand? It's like going into a war without a sword and a shield!" Xiaotang tried to hold her back.

"Goodness, Yuyan, be reasonable enough. At least plan something romantic before confessing," Xiaotang sighed in relief after making sure her best friend had calmed down.But that confession didn't go as planned. Just before the dismissal of the last class, Yuyan made a phone call and arranged everything in the center of the campus grounds. The green field displayed the words "Will you be my Girlfriend?" with a bunch of flower petals arranged in the shape of a heart. Xiaotang and Shuxin were left speechless, and so were other students passing by.

Yuyan stood in front of a certain someone, holding a bouquet of 100 roses. People could see the opulence of Yuyan's family through this grand gesture towards her special someone. She stopped in front of the doll-like person.

"I know I must have frightened you with this, but the two years of being friends with you are enough for me to suffer. I offer you these hundred roses with the meaning of 'A harmonious union lasting 100 years; I will hold your hand, and with you, I will grow old.'"

Yuyan took a deep breath and continued, "Kong Xueer, will you be my girlfriend? I promise to give you the life you deserve and treat you like the princess you are." Yuyan opened a small box inside the bouquet, revealing a promise ring adorned with little diamonds. There was a moment of silence.